Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP+BB integrated, theme integrating login issues..

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alright, I uploaded a copy of my actual Localhost now, to my domain name: http://localhost.spencerp.net/forum/

You can see what I’m talking about there, well hopefully lol! =P Also, please keep in mind, things might be broke, still screwy.. just register if you can, only for testing purposes.. ;) :)

Also, this isn’t even near done yet lmao. I got a lot of nice things in mind for this baby.. LoL! =P

spencerp

Nevermind, much props goes to boyevul on GoogleTalk! ;) ;D The login codes were placed in the theme’s header2.php file, directly after an “onclick” action, which was the culprit.

So this:

<div id=”header” onclick=”location.href='<?php bloginfo(‘url’); ?>’;” style=”cursor: pointer;”>

<h1><a href="<?php bb_option('uri'); ?>"><?php bb_option('name'); ?></a></h1>

<?php login_form(); ?>

<div id=”memlist”><a href="<?php bb_memberlist_link(); ?>">Member List</a></div>

</div>

Was changed to this:

<div id=”header”>

<h1><a href="<?php bb_option('uri'); ?>"><?php bb_option('name'); ?></a></h1>

<?php login_form(); ?>

<div id=”memlist”><a href="<?php bb_memberlist_link(); ?>">Member List</a></div>

</div>

And all was peachy! I didn’t however upload the latest files of bbPress to the online copy, and I didn’t upload the new changes I just made here either.. I will then .. ;) :D

Either way, problem is solved!

spencerp

Ok, I just changed some stuff up again, so here’s what I got on my actual localhost (computer version) now.. whee!

http://localhost.spencerp.net/forum/

Please note: I didn’t upgrade it to .74 yet, but will be here soon.

spencerp

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

spencerp..

good thing – you know how to talk to yourself huh?? :)

Hahaha.. I’m used to it… Usually I talk to the wall, but he’s on vacation, so..

Dang! I just upgraded the “live” version of the bbPress (localhost copy) to .74, and that crappy IE6 display is still there!?!!?!?!? The forums are pushed all the way to the bottom.. Any thoughts people!?

http://localhost.spencerp.net/forum/

I could have sworn, I also applied the “fixes” in the blog’s theme CSS file too.. what the heck!?

*EDITED- Must have something to do with the blog theme’s H2’s, #Main, and stuff.. I’ll keep tinkering with her on the normal localhost copy.. But, if someone has an idea in the meantime, please share them!

spencerp

OH!! I just viewed the source. I have my theme’s #maincontent divs around the forum’s themselves.. I’ll have to adjust that CSS stuff accordingly then..

I guess all this Pepsi is helping, lmao!

spencerp

Brad

@cre8tive

spencerp – i would be curious how you got bbpress into your active WordPress theme. i am working to do the same as you, but any help would be appreciated.

thanks

“cre8tive.medea” (at) gmail dot com

cre8tive, I’ll try and get up a downloadable zip archive of the theme soon. I’ve just been so busy lately sigh, that I haven’t had much time on the bbPress/WP side of things.. I’ll keep you posted though.. ;)

spencerp

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar