Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

wordpress integrate problem when enable BBLANG

• Today I am integreating wordpress and bbpress, it’s works fine, but after I set BBLANG to my language(zh_TW), this message below shows up.

“Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class streamreader in /path/to/bbpress/bb-includes/streams.php on line 26”

Coz StreamReader class has been declared in wordpress, but bbpress will declare it again in ‘bb-settings.php’, this coz the error.

here is the code in ‘bb-settings.php’

Code:
    include_once(BBPATH . BBINC . ‘streams.php’);
    include_once(BBPATH . BBINC . ‘gettext.php’);

I use class_exists to avoid these two files, ‘streams.php’ and ‘gettext.php’ to be include twice.

the code came into these:

Code:
    if (!class_exists(‘StreamReader’))

if (!class_exists(‘gettext_reader’))

then it works! bbpress came back to normal, but my language file seems not to be loaded.

After all, I find out, that bbpress uses wordpress function after integrate, so I place my .mo file into /path/to/wordpress/wp-includes/languages/ , then, my language file finally loaded. but ….. here is another problem, the .po of wordpress and bbpress will mess up into one file. but I want my wordpress not to be translated. ><

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Göran

@goranlin

I seems to have the same problem. I get

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class streamreader in /mnt/home/_g/goranlin/www.goranlin.se/blogg/wordpress/bbpress/bb-includes/streams.php on line 26

I want both wp and bbpress to be translate so maybe I can put your code into ‘bb-settings.php’. Would that work?

Göran

@goranlin

I inserted your code:

Code:

in ‘bb-settings.php’ but it did not quite work. My blog http://www.goranlin.se/blogg/wordpress/ is slower and website adm disappeared. And my forum http://www.goranlin.se/blogg/wordpress/bbpress/

still do not show the posts from the blog which was planned. I use bbSync to try to get that, but no success so far.

helpy
    Participant

@helpy

Quoto from simpler integration with wordpress:

Do so by defining WP_BB as true in either config.php or wp-config.php. Also, WordPress will have to be loaded first.

I use WP and BB with german language! If I include wp-blog-header.php in the configuration file (config.php) of bbpress, the following error occurs:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class streamreader in /homepages/.../www/forum/bb-includes/streams.php on line 26

If I uncomment the lines 122 + 123 in bb-settings.php:

// include_once(BBPATH . BBINC . ‘streams.php’);

// include_once(BBPATH . BBINC . ‘gettext.php’);

No error occurs … but the forum is in english!

I use WP 2.3.3 and bbpress 0.8.3.1 … WP is installed in web root and bbpress in the subfolder “forum”.

Is there a documented way to fix this … or a workaround?

cu, helpy

CoreForce

@coreforce

Looks like I’m running into the same or similar issue.

Localization works fine on my local system, which is WordPress free.

I’ve uploaded the same configuration onto a hosted server and this one fails to internationalize. I realize now that the hosting provider offers WordPress as installation option out of the box. I suspect this to be the reason why the internationalizations fails, presumably because of some preliminary setups for WordPress are in place already.

Is there a clean solution to get bbpress internationalized without all the hazzle from WordPress? I intend not to install the WordPress package.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.