Search
Bottom

User can’t view their own profile

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I originally asked this issue here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/user-cant-view-their-profile/

I have now found out why it happens. It has to do with the Title Case of the user name. For example, if my user name is:

Test123

Then I will not be able to view my profile.

But if my user name is:

test123

I can view my profile.

I don’t know if this is a bbPress 2.6.2 bug or bbp style pack bug (since I am using the latter theme templates).

For some reason the administrator can view these profile pages despite the case issue. But not normal participants. I notice that the URL is always the lowercase slug. Are we somehow using the username rather than the nice name? Either way, this is the cause and it means many of my users can’t view their profiles as they have used Title Case in many instances.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Infact … to provide more info …

If I say log in as “Test123” normal user and hover over his profile URL, it is all lowercase “test123” but clicking the link will not work. If I change the link by pasting it into a browser and adjusting it to “Test123” then the link works and I can now view my profile.

So there is an issue with normal users who have title case in their user name and not being allowed to view their profiles because the slugs in the links are all lowercase. Admin can view these profiles but not the users.

Only users who has all lowercase usernames can view their profiles.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Just to let you know that this was a bbp style pack issue. It was discussed here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/user-cant-view-their-profile/

The latest update of bbp style pack resolves this problem.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar