Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

This ERROR – <meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”

• Tranny
    Participant

@tranny

I’ve integrated bbpress with upgraded version of WP (just upgraded to v 2.5.1) and everything seemed to have gone fine during installation as I was getting all positive messages confirming that the steps were performed successfully.

However when I go to the forum page itself, all I see if this:

<meta http-equiv=”Content-Type” content=”

admin area loads, just front end doesn’t load at all, only this text appears. Can somebody help :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you post a link to your forum? Sounds like the server is not parsing php files or something was edited in a php file causing this, or maybe it’s a plugin or template issue. Please post a URL to your forum if possible.

Alternatively, you can switch to a stock theme if you’re not using the stock one now and deactivate your plugins and see if that affects anything.

Tranny
    Participant

@tranny

Blog – this is the blog

Forums – this is where forums are

Entire installation went through smoothly and it looked like it’ll be a breeze, but front end of forums give this error message. Back end is accessible from admin panel without problems.

Thanks for your help :)

EDIT: Opps, had to edit my post cause BBCode didn’t go through :S

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Well,

The next thing that is supposed to come up, I think, is this:

text/html; charset=utf-8

Maybe whatever is providing that has an error and is causing this problem.

Are you using a stock theme, and if not, does changing it back to stock fix this error? My guess is this is something in the template file, or the config.

Are you using a different language file? (I’m guessing not, based on the blog.)

Or, is it possible not everything was uploaded properly? Some things I would expect to be in that directory are not present when accessed directly by URL. Can you confirm that a new bbPress 0.9.0.2 archive and your server have the same exact files?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks like this is hard coded into the theme’s header.php:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

So, unless that line was edited in some improper or invalid way, I can’t see what would case that line to be truncated after content=".

Can you confirm or post that line from your active theme’s header.php?

Tranny
    Participant

@tranny

Yes, I had the layout of forums customized before upgrade to WP2.5 becasue defaul is very user not friendly. I also had title tag customized because default values are not SEO friendly. Obviously, this clashes with upgraded version causing my forums page to not work. This is what HEAD of my header.php looks like

<head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="<?php bloginfo('html_type'); ?>; charset=<?php bloginfo('charset'); ?>" />

<title>
    <?php if (is_front()) { ?> Forums and Forum Topic on Bullshit Blog <?php }
    elseif (is_forum()) { echo (get_forum_name() . " on Bullshit Blog Forums"); }
    elseif (is_topic()) { echo (get_topic_title() . " Forum Thread on Bullshit Blog"); }
    else {
    ?>

<?php bloginfo('name'); ?> <?php if ( is_single() ) { ?> &raquo; Blog Archive <?php } ?> &raquo; <?php bb_title() ?>

<?php } //else ?>
    </title>
    <meta name="generator" content="WordPress <?php bloginfo('version'); ?>" /> <!-- leave this for stats -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bb_stylesheet_uri(); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="<?php bloginfo('name'); ?> RSS Feed" href="<?php bloginfo('rss2_url'); ?>" />
    <link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo('pingback_url'); ?>" />

<style type="text/css" media="screen">

<?php
    // Checks to see whether it needs a sidebar or not
    if ( !$withcomments && !is_single() ) {
    ?>
    #page { background: url("<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/images/kubrickbg-<?php bloginfo('text_direction'); ?>.jpg") repeat-y top; border: none; }
    <?php } else { // No sidebar ?>
    #page { background: url("<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/images/kubrickbgwide.jpg") repeat-y top; border: none; }
    <?php } ?>

</style>

<?php wp_head(); ?>

<?php if ( is_topic() && bb_is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var lastMod = <?php topic_time( 'timestamp' ); ?>;
    var page = <?php global $page; echo $page; ?>;
    var currentUserId = <?php bb_current_user_info( 'id' ); ?>;
    var topicId = <?php topic_id(); ?>;
    var uriBase = '<?php bb_option('uri'); ?>';
    var tagLinkBase = '<?php bb_tag_link_base(); ?>';
    var favoritesLink = '<?php favorites_link(); ?>';
    var isFav = <?php if ( false === $is_fav = is_user_favorite( bb_get_current_user_info( 'id' ) ) ) echo "'no'"; else echo $is_fav; ?>;
    </script>
    <?php bb_enqueue_script('topic'); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

</head>

There’s obviously a lot of dynamic stuff in the head of my theme to make it mor SEO friendly. Is there a way to retain it and have it properly pull required data again?

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate that :)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

This is the problem right here:

<?php bloginfo('html_type'); ?>

bloginfo is a WordPress function, but you’re in bbPress. Try hard coding it like this <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> as it is in the default theme, and I think you will find that it works.

Tranny
    Participant

@tranny

I’ve tried that, but it moved to the next dynamic element and displays an error from there. I deleted that line and again the same – shows an error rom where next dynamic element is. Any chance I can make that head dynamic data?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You can make the data dynamic, but you need to use bbPress functions, not WordPress functions.

If you are intent on using WordPress functions, read this and this.

Tranny
    Participant

@tranny

Chris, thanks a lot. Now the forum page pulls and no longer gives an error message, but all my formatting and custom layout is gone. And the links to forums don’t work. It takes me to the bbpress default telling me that forum is not found.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you please explain what you mean? What did you do, and what effect did it have?

Tranny
    Participant

@tranny

I’ve added:

require_once(‘path/to/wp-blog-header.php’);

to my bb-config file and the forums are pulling now. This one line made all the difference. At least the page is pulling, but now all formatting is lost and forum links on the page are broken

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Adding that line only allows you access to WordPress functions from within bbPress, it has nothing to do with making your forum look like your blog. For that, you will need to do some CSS and template work: none of it is automatic.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar