Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Successful install, but where is the administration area?

• globetrotterdk

@globetrotterdk

Help, please. A very basic question, maybe a sticky would be a good idea? I have successfully installed and integrated the latest alpha version (as of today) with WordPress 2.6.3, (congratulations to the team) but I can’t figure out how to get into the administration area.

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)

• globetrotterdk

@globetrotterdk

I am still no nearer a solution.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

@globetrotterdk:

define('AUTH_SALT', 'AUTHSALT');
    define('LOGGED_IN_SALT', 'LOGGEDINSALT');

Where did you add those?

Also, can you do a fresh installation? It’s possible something was not entered properly into one of the fields. There is a lot of text to read to get all the cookie settings right.

globetrotterdk

@globetrotterdk

I added those lines right after define(‘BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY’ leaving a blank line before and after the two added lines.

I am not really sure about a fresh install. I am a newbie.

Cheers

I also have this problem, but I do have a lead… What I did is the following:

Install WP 2.7 (latest build)

Install BBPress 1 Alpha 2 but it skipped steps 2 and 3, went straight to the forum index

Did all the settings manually like described in https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/integrate-wp27-and-bbp10a2

Go into WP, log in with admin account

Go to BBPress

At the top I see “Welcome, admin! | Admin | Log Out”

So far so good, but when I click on “Admin” to access my admin page, nothing happens. So thats exactly the same as the others, but when I press the “Log Out” and then try to log back in with the admin account, I get a “User does not exist” message. So I guess its not reading my WP tables correctly.

Note: My database is fully up-to-date, BBPres states that there is nothing to upgrade when I go to /bb-admin/upgrade.php

I got it working, I will describe what I did for other users:

First I deleted the bb_meta table from my DB, and also the bb_config.php file. After this I could re-install bbpress fine, including steps 2 and 3. I followed the steps from https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/integrate-wp27-and-bbp10a2 but I left out the include part for the wp file. I also did the cookie settings for both wp and bb.

Now I can use bb and wp just fine. One minor issue, I cannot log out from bb without also logging out from wp.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@mvds: The idea is that logging into or out of either/or will do that action on both sides for a unified website function. If you log into or out of either, and it affects the other immediately, and you have admin access to both sides regardless of where you login, that’s a good thing. :)

I know, but I consider that to be a small issue. I have now integration on the user account level (cookies) and I can access the admin panel on both. I can log in on one and I am automatically logged in on both but I just have to log out of both separately to be really logged off.

Full integration messes up my bbpress completely, so I left that out. I am satisfied (for now) with what I’ve got working. I hope that integration will be working better when we get official releases on both.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I am experiencing the same issue, and I think we all really can’t wait for this to work correctly.

floweringmind

@floweringmind

You can resolve the issue by logging out of WordPress. Then log into the BBPress and you will be able to access the admin menu.

I have the very same problem adding a forum to my existing blog, no admin link in WP dashbord. Tried about everything, tried in IE, same thing

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

bbPress is not a WP plugin, so there will be absoultely nothing on the WP dashboard.

You’ve to browse to your-forum-name/bb-admin/

I have the same issue, I think it happened immediately after I updated the

define( ‘BB_AUTH_KEY’, xxxx

define( ‘BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY’ xxxx

define( ‘BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY’, xxxx

define( ‘BB_NONCE_KEY’, xxxx

keys in the BB_config file – I also changed the $bb_table_prefix =

As instructed to same as WP config file, I changed this back to BB_ but that didn’t help…

Any ideas?

I am using

WP 3.0.3 and BB 1.02 (I think, I can’t see admin screen to check!)

willkriski

@willkriski

I had the same issue as everyone (admin link redirected back to forum) but got mine to work. the 2 missing entries in the bb-config.php file were the auth key entries. I got them from the /wp-admin/options.php page and copied them into the bb-config.php file

willkriski

@willkriski

sorry I meant the salt entries

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar