Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin: Post Notification

• thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

It does what the name says. If you have a topic in your favorites and there will be a new post to this topic it sends you an email. Simply upload and it does its job.

I think there is no demo needed.

Download here.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 61 total)

• thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

UPDATE:

Now users can decide if they want to receive emails on their favorites. There is no need to change templates, simply upload the plugin =)

This should be standard. I know they think rss is enough, but getting rss is kinda pc restricted. If I am on a different pc, i cannot get my rss feeds, like i can get my mail (gmail). I need to install a rss programm first etc, so notification by mail is still a must!

Good plugin!

You can use an online feedaggregator (like the google’s one) and access it everywhere you are…. or use a simple USB key with stand alone programs.. for browsing mail feeed etc etc…

where is this option supposed to appear? i have uploaded the plugin into my-plugins but i see no changes.

thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

When you go to your profile preferences there should be a new section… look here:

http://la-school.com/bbpress/profile.php?id=2&tab=edit (Login: Test / test )

This plugin is causing me some errors. It has to do with the portion of the plugin:

extra_profile_info

Not sure why, but it kills me registration on the forum. Instead of the ‘register’ button, it spits out the following error:

bb_get_user needs a numeric ID

If goes back to working if I delete the plugin. Could you maybe take a look into this one?

Thanks,

Trent

thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

Oh … didn’t notice this issue. Thanks a lot!

Fixed it now … in a simple way, but it should work now. Try it.

I just tried the download in this post again and it still has the same error. Is there a new link that I should be using?

Trent

thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

Maybe you were too fast for me to upload the new one =)

Do you use permalinks? I only tried it without.

For me it works (see on my demo-board).

I tried again just now and it still gives me the same error. I am not using permalinks, just the standard setup. I am not sure then? hmm….

Trent

thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

Ok, i gave it another try.

Could you please try it? … On my site it works perfectly. I donno where the problem could come from.

I wont give up till it works :D

I cleared my browser cache and downloaded the file from above and installed and still get the error on my register.php file of my forum. Am I getting the right download URL for the newer version of the plugin?

Trent

thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

Strange … maybe i should use a download-script :D

Try this one.

Did a small fix again and gave the .zip a new name ^^

Thanks a lot for your patience!

That worked. Thanks Thomas!

Trent

For english version, you have a typo. Favorite vs. Favorit

Not a big deal though!

Trent

Nice one!! Hey thomasklaiber, could there be one made up for getting Notifications, on any one’s posts? Example, Me replying here now, to your thread.. (not a favorite).. and you’d get an email on it? Just was curious… :P

spencerp

thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

thomasklaiber

@thomasklaiber

For english version, you have a typo. Favorite vs. Favorit

I don’t really know whats right …? (Pupil from Germany O_o)

You’re awesome thomasklaiber!! Thanks so much!! :) ;) Once I get my new domain name situated and stuff, Im going to install it.. thanks again!

spencerp

Sorry. Favorite is the correct spelling with the “e” at the end.

Cheers! The other plugin for Spencer is wicked as well! Topic notification with a twist.

Trent

bbpress with plugins such as this is really coming along – great stuff.

Now if only there was a forum subscribe version, which would send out an email indicating there is a new post on a forum you’ve subscribed too (and better still, could be set to send out only one email or one for each new forum post). Of course probably asking for too much at this stage of development :-)

I think this does that already:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/313?replies=22#post-1784

Trent

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Hi, I installed this plugin and I thought it was working properly, but someone started a new topic today, and admin was emailed a notification of a new post. It is not one of my favorites. (obviously, since it was new.) Are notifications of new threads automatically emailed to admin? I did not try this as a normal user, so I don’t know if anyone else is seeing this.

I checked my favorites and this new thread is not automatically added there. I just received the notification email. No additional posts have been made on that thread, so I don’t know if I will continue receiving notifications of new posts on the thread or not.

Thanks

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Update: admin is receiving notifications of new posts on this topic even though it is not marked as a favorite.

Does admin get a notification of all new posts and threads by default and that’s just how it works? Haven’t tried adding a favorite as a normal user to see how it looks to them.

Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Enhancement request: could the notification include the name of the member who made the post?

So,

There is a new post on: POSTTITLE

By: MEMBERNAME

URL

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar