Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Not allowed to edit the _bbp_topic_count custom field.

• pdvwp
    Participant

@pdvwp

Wordpress: 5.3
    bbPress: 2.6.0

Brand new to WordPress. Building a site using Genesis Framework (NewsPro Theme) @ WPEngine.

I just installed the two updates to WP 5.3 and bbP 2.6.0, but now I’m getting this error when I try to publish a post:

“Publishing failed. Error message: Sorry, you are not allowed to edit the _bbp_topic_count custom field.”

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• pdvwp
    Participant

@pdvwp

Just a follow up, it looks like the error is created when I try to add a custom permalink.

jufdaniellevideos
    Participant

@jufdaniellevideos

I have exactly the same problem:
    Using LearnDash I try to post a new lesson, but then I cannot publish (or edit) the lesson. I get the exact same error message.
    In my case, everything was fine until yesterday, but today I get this message too!

When I deactivate the BBpress plugin everything works as it’s supposed to… So I deduct that there must something going wrong in the BBpress-plugin. (maybe with the new update?)

Hopefully someone will know the answer how to fix this;)
    I’ll be reading with you on this one!

[edit: added that today is the first day I encountered the problem]

pdvwp
    Participant

@pdvwp

For me it looks like there is a conflict with the “Page Links To” plugin, which I have installed. If I don’t create a custom permalink on a post, I don’t get the error.

rtsbeacon
    Participant

@rtsbeacon

I see this same error when I try to publish or edit an event via The Events Calendar plugin.
    I do not have issues publishing a post.

All of this started in the last couple of days. Has been working fine for months.

Curious if other Events Calendar users experience this.

Hope a fix is found soon. My site’s two purposes are the forum and calendar.

Thanks for all your hard work bbpress team!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I was able to duplicate this with Page Links To, and am working on a fix.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This will be fixed in bbPress 2.6.1.

See: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3280

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar