Categories
Search
Bottom

“No users to import” when attempting to import from latest phpBB

• Hammy Havoc
    Participant

@hammyhavoc

Hi everybody!

I’m having some problems importing from the latest phpBB into the latest bbPress.

I get the following error:

1. No passwords to clear
    2. No users to import

Everything else appears to import as expected.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hammy Havoc
    Participant

@hammyhavoc

When I try the fix on https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/fix-for-phpbb3-to-bbpress-conversion-script/page/2/#post-205592, I get this error on an endless loop:

Converting anonymous reply authors (100 through 100 of 100)

Hammy Havoc
    Participant

@hammyhavoc

Figured it out myself.

If anybody else is wondering how to do this, you need to make sure that no Founder, Admin or Moderator has replies or threads attributed to them.

I got around this by creating a new admin/founder account and downgrading all of the staff to standard accounts so that they could be imported.

telium
    Participant

@telium

I had the same problem (with phpBB 3.2.4) and no users importing. I tried creating a new founder and downgrading everyone else to standard accounts.

It still won’t work. Was there anything else you did?

angeljs
    Participant

@angeljs

Having the exact same issue. No users to import and stuck in a loop. Very frustrating.

animoosiac
    Participant

@animoosiac

I know this is a pretty dead thread but as I recently encountered this I thought I would let people know my solution.

I discovered that the import tool expects certain fields to exist in the profile_fields_data or phpbb. In my case I was missing pf_phpbb_aol, pf_phpbb_wlm, pf_phpbb_googleplus.

I added each of these columns and the system started processing users without a problem.

Robin W

@robin-w

hey, thanks for posting this helpful solution – it will help others 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar