Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Matt says he's fixed this :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/last-night-two-big-changes-happened-on-w/

I love, truly love, that it was tested.

Otherwise, people might just think he’s making this shit up as he goes along…

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

did I miss where he says he’s fixed it? Can you quote the relevant portion?

thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Where did Matt say he fixed the code/encoding issue?

We are still running r2453 here, not the latest version r2458. The BackPress fix didn’t happen until BackPress r312 on Jul 1 2010 by Westi. When the code is updated here the problem will be fixed. If you check out a new revision, the problem will be fixed in your installation.

Here is an example forum using r2458 with the BackPress fix and you can see that the code is formatted properly.

http://bbpress.chrishajer.com/trunk/topic.php?id=3#post-7

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Sorry, very latest trunk is r2461. mdawaffe checked in a few revisions, probably after updating the wordpress.org support forums.

The last svn log is for r2460, but when I checked out the latest, it says revision r2461. But there is no log entry for r2461.

I’m glad they’re using it at the wordpress.org forums. With many users the problems will become apparent and will have resources devoted to fixing them.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Sorry, posting quickly on phone.

Thursday 1st July:

==================

Westi states that the 3 months old bug has been fixed. And will be applied to bbPress at the next patch.

Wednesday 7th July:

==================

Matt states bbPress powered forums at WordPress.org has been upgraded to the latest version of bbPress and BackPress.

$this->shitty->bug() is not present. yay.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/422478

Friday 9th July:

==================

matt states that bbPress has been upgraded to latest trunk version

$this->shitty->bug() is still present and in it’s 3rd month. booo.

Might it just be miscommunication? Yes, I agree it is.

Is this bug fixed somewhere out there? Yes, I agree it is.

Is it close to commical that it’s been where for 3 months? Yes, it is.

Is something wrong with at least one of the statemetns from Matt? Given that one contradicts the other? Yes, it is.

Honestly, is it so damn hard for an Automattic employee to also update our BackPress version as well as the bbPress version? I mean, do they not know that bbPress is dependant on BackPress (definately possible)? Is it an issue of shame or embaressment at a bad decision thats coming back to haunt them, or just a mistake that gets made constantly over the last 6 months?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Friday 9th July:

==================

matt states that bbPress has been upgraded to latest trunk version

Where did that come from? I didn’t see that posted online.

The code running here is certainly not updated to the latest trunk. From the source of the page:

[meta name="generator" content="bbPress 1.1-alpha-2453" /]

When it’s updated, the BackPress fix will be in.

Ryan Hellyer
    Participant

@ryanhellyer

@wtfmatt – Perhaps your time would be better spent on other things than hurling abuse at Matt?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

wtfmatt, I deleted your reply. I suggest you take your criticism to Matt directly.

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Though I missed the Trolling comments, it saddens me.

I’m disappointed by Matt’s approach to bbPress these last 6 months, and indeed quite shocked at his approach to the WordPress community over this capital_P_dangit() debacle; but I like to think I have that opinion separated between the man and the Automattic Employee.

I think it’s benefitial to point out these miscommunications. The hope is that they are seen, eventually, as a catalogue of errors, and so we can learn and improve. If my comments are being used as a soapbox for people to vent; then I apologise.

Chris, please feel free to close and/or delete this topic as neccessary.

Kev

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar