Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Kakumei Black theme

• copperblade
    Participant

@copperblade

How do I upload a theme? I just made a “child” theme (similar to phpBB’s old subBlack) for kakumei. I made a “plugin request” about it, but I’m not sure that’s what I’m supposed to do. Are themes supported on this site at all?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• copperblade
    Participant

@copperblade

(Oh and by the way, on this new theme at bbPress.org I don’t see subscribe to topic like I have currently in trunk…)

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I don’t see subscribe to topic here either. It’s supposed to be near the tags according to kevinjohngallagher, but I don’t see it when I am logged in.

What is your question about themes? You upload with FTP or SCP to your bbPress installation, into a folder called my-templates. Be sure the my-templates folder has 755 permissions, then your new theme folder has 755 permissions. And be sure it’s not inside ANOTHER folder. So, it should be like this:

bb-config.php
    my-templates/
    ----bbpressblack/
    style.css (with your header)

Should not be like this:

bb-config.php
    my-templates/
    ----bbpressblack/
    bbpressblack/
    style.css (with your header)

I don’t think that would work

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Or do you mean upload a theme here, for distribution and use by others? There is no theme repository here, unlike WordPress.org.

You can post a link to the download and others will pick up on that and probably mirror it elsewhere.

copperblade
    Participant

@copperblade

Ok sorry I didn’t check back for a while (I see “Notify me of followup posts” at the bottom now)

Yeah I mean distributing what amounts to a kakumei-black style. Can I just call it a plugin and upload it to the repo here? ;) I guess not since it has to go in a different directory.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

No, you would need to host it somewhere yourself, and provide the download link here. There is no Theme Repository, and themes do not belong in the plugin section.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar