Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

k2 for bbpress

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I like it! Very nice! I am sure Brad with proforum this!

Trent

linickx
    Participant

@linickx

Thanks Trent.

For any future googlers that find this thread, I’ve added a screenshot here as the demo site is likely to change as I play with stuff ;o)

It is now listed in Pro Forum for the rest of the people to see as well!

Trent

I’ve made a little modification, i add a tab-line in the header.php, just like the same as k2 theme.

You can see it here:

http://www.ahumder.org/forum

For modification, first put these lines in the style.css

/*- Main Menu in Header */

ul.menu {

margin: 0;

padding: 0;

position: absolute;

bottom: 0;

left: 20px;

width: 90%;

}

ul.menu li {

display: inline;

}

ul.menu,

ul.menu li a {

padding: 5px 15px 6px;

}

ul.menu li a {

font-size: 1em;

color: white;

}

ul.menu li a:hover {

background: #333;

color: #eee !important;

text-decoration: none;

}

ul.menu li.current_page_item a,

ul.menu li.current_page_item a:hover {

color: #333 !important;

background: white;

text-decoration: none;

}

.admintab {

position: absolute;

right: 0px;

}

* html .admintab { padding: 5px 15px 6px } /* IE hack */

a img,:link img,:visited img { border:none }

After that put these lines into header.php. But changes the href lines to your site.

<ul class="menu">

• Ana Sayfa
  • Forum
  • Resimler
  • Duyuru Listesi
  • İletişim
  • Hope it’s useful for you, and linickx may be you could add this mod to your style.css

linickx
Participant

@linickx

thanks Sabutay, you’re right that was missing, I was trying to avoid editing any of the php templates, but I agree this “part” is critical to the look of the theme.

I’d like to move the “Profile / admin / log out” boxes into these tabs, as I think it would make them fit nicely, but the functions output this a <p> rather than <ul> by default :o(

I make a little modify now, to shown the current_page_item in the header. Just add a class to the < li > function, which belongs to the Forum. Like :

<li class="current_page_item"><a href="http://www.mainpage.com/forum">Forum</a

See in action:

http://www.ahumder.org

then click on forum, you will see that the background changes to white.

You are able to change the color in the style.css

Very nice, Sabutay. Saved me a bit of time but you left out the “page_item” function as in:

<ul class=”menu”>

<li class=”page_item”>Home

<li class=”page_item”>About

<li class=”current_page_item”>Forums

You can check it out here.

Now on to get the admin menu added… thanks!

Or use my bbMenu plugin when it is released :)

Btw in the first post: your forum’s profile links is bugged

Alex

@hempsworth

Very sexy theme! I love K2, I love bbPress, and now I love this theme!

For that added *thang* you could try and inject some FamFamFam, just as K2 has, and they would look like twins. :P

I have found if I post very long links they do not wrap. Any clue on how to prevent this?

Find the .post rule and add overflow: auto; to it. That way there will be a scroll bar at the bottom if anything is too long. overflow: hidden; will simply hide it instead.

Also, if you didn’t know bb does let you search. :) Hit up http://www.nyquistcapital.com/forums/search.php . You can also add a search form to your template but I’m not sure just how.

Hey linickx, great theme, I love it!

Thanks. At some point I want to integrate this into the full K2. I like the theme but the lack of recent progress on development is disconcerting.

I mean K2 wordpress… not BBPress…

If one were to add enhancements to the K2 BBpress theme, I don’t think there is an SVN to submit changes.

Does it make sense to have a themes SVN just like plugins?

It seems like a good idea. Why not pitch that to the bbdev mailing list?

linickx
Participant

@linickx

@schmitt, Thanks for the feedback :)

No I don’t have an SVN for the k2 BBPress theme, but what changes would you submit. Before posting please think about my following points.

(a) I have not yet implemented a “proper” tab bar , like the solution posted by Sabutay as “normal” users don’t like editing things…. what ever I implement as a template would be wrong for the majority of people.

(b) fam-fam icons, I do want to do, but I don’t want to unnecessarily bloat the theme, just installing a ccs file is kinda cool. Just using a css also makes the theme more “secure”, i.e. anyone who developed their theme from the original wordpress kubrick theme has had to keep releasing updates in order for the theme not to be vulnerable to XSS various attacks.

Thanks for responding.. there was one problem I fixed here…

Noobish CSS Question

If you have few posts (and a lot of tags) the tag list would run off the page. While this is rare, it is common in cases where all but one of the forums would be private- new users would see the ugly tag overflow.

Thanks for a great theme… much appreciated.

linickx
Participant

@linickx

I had an e-mail saying that the latest bbpress broke my port, so I’ve done a re-release :)

http://www.linickx.com/archives/402/k2-for-bbpress-updated-v002

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar