Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration Woes

• OK, I have sort of a weird problem that I am hoping I can get some help with.

I have multiple WP sites integrated with each other – 1 install on the root domain, and numerous installs on subdomains.

In order to integrate users and cookies to maintain a login valid across all the installs the Authentication Unique Keys section in my wp-config is set up like this:

define (‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ‘.mydomain.com’);

define(‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’);

define(‘AUTH_KEY’, ‘mygeneratedkey’);

define(‘SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘mygeneratedkey’);

define(‘LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘mygeneratedkey’);

define(‘NONCE_KEY’, ‘mygeneratedkey’);

$baseurl = ‘http://www.mydomain.com’;

$cookiehash = md5($baseurl);

define(‘COOKIEHASH’, $cookiehash);

define (‘AUTH_SALT’,’AUTH_SALT’.COOKIEHASH);

define (‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’.COOKIEHASH);

define (‘AUTH_COOKIE’, ‘AUTH_COOKIE’.COOKIEHASH);

// define (‘SECURE_AUTH_COOKIE’, ‘SECURE_AUTH_COOKIE’.COOKIEHASH); // If you use connection SSL

define (‘LOGGED_IN_COOKIE’,’LOGGED_IN_COOKIE’.COOKIEHASH);

define (‘TEST_COOKIE’, ‘TEST_COOKIE’.COOKIEHASH);

As a result, I can’t find the salts needed in wp-admin/options.php as they are not listed. I’ve tried using the same settings in bbpress as above in the bb_config file (see below), but no love. I’ve also tried changing them to BB_%WHATEVER% which doesn’t seem to work either.

define (‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ‘.mydomain.com’);

define(‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’);

define( ‘BB_AUTH_KEY’, ‘mygeneratedkey’ );

define( ‘BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY’, ‘mygeneratedkey’ );

define( ‘BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY’, ‘mygeneratedkey’ );

define( ‘BB_NONCE_KEY’, ‘mygeneratedkey’ );

$baseurl = ‘http://www.mydomain.com’;

$cookiehash = md5($baseurl);

define(‘COOKIEHASH’, $cookiehash);

define (‘AUTH_SALT’,’AUTH_SALT’.COOKIEHASH);

define (‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’.COOKIEHASH);

define (‘AUTH_COOKIE’, ‘AUTH_COOKIE’.COOKIEHASH);

// define (‘SECURE_AUTH_COOKIE’, ‘SECURE_AUTH_COOKIE’.COOKIEHASH); // If you use connection SSL

define (‘LOGGED_IN_COOKIE’,’LOGGED_IN_COOKIE’.COOKIEHASH);

define (‘TEST_COOKIE’, ‘TEST_COOKIE’.COOKIEHASH);

All of the users can login to bbpress using the same username and password as on the wp sites, but the cookie integration doesn’t work, and again – I cant find the correlating values in wordpress.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Unless I misread this, all of your salt values are wrong. You shouldn’t need to generate your own hashes or salts, as these should be created in WordPress for you once you setup your keys.

That seemed to be the only way I could get the integration between multiple wp installs to work without needing to login in separately to each install. Unfortunately, wpmu wasn’t an option.

That seemed to be the only way I could get the integration between multiple wp installs to work without needing to login in separately to each install. Unfortunately, wpmu wasn’t an option.

I guess I will try to modify the wp-config on the other sites to allow the salts to be autogenerated on the root site and modify them on the subdomains to see if I can get the same result. That should hopefully allow me to integrate bbpress as well

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar