Bottom

Forums Not Showing on WordPress dashboard left menu

• crankymillenial
    Participant

@crankymillenial

Wordpress version 6.5.4
    bbpress version 2.6.9
    hipsbc.ca

I took over managing this website from another agency that created their own theme and had BBPress already installed. After installing BBPress there should be a “forum” button on the left sidebar of the wordpress dashboard but it is not showing up. I cannot figure out why its not showing up. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and turned off other plugins to see if one is interfering with another. Neither troubleshooting method solved my problem.

Missing Forum

I appreciate any help! I’ve searched through the forums to see if anyone else ran into a similar problem but don’t see a solution.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

You will need to be a ‘keymaster’ to see this option

dashboard>users>all users>edit your self as user and see what bbpress role you have

If not keymaster, then you will need another keymaster to appoint you

davidmiller5274
    Blocked

@davidmiller5274

Despite reinstalling BBPress and disabling other plugins, the “forum” button is missing from the WordPress dashboard. Seeking advice on resolving this issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

so are you a keymaster as per the above?

bwstandard
    Participant

@bwstandard

I am also having this issue. There are no keymasters yet as I was the one to install it. Is there a link as to how to become a keymaster #1?

Robin W

@robin-w

If there are no keymasters, then

bbp style pack

once activated, navigate to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>bug fixes and you will see the options to make yourself the keymaster

You can then deactivate and remove the style pack plugin, or look at what it offers

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar