Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Width / Sidebar Issue?

• semperaye
    Participant

@semperaye

Firstly, I have no idea what I’m doing as I am very new at this, and everything that I’ve done on this site has come at great trial and error. I think I might have a weird bbpress forum setup because I never had to create a new page and paste in the forum shortcode, the forums where just their at /forums from the start….I have no idea why but anyway here is my issue:

If you look at the page: http://www.salamatphilippines.com/forums/

I have a 1920×1080 monitor and when I “dock” the forum page to the right of my screen in windows 10, the page looks fine, the forums are expectedly small considering it’s half the screen. Now, when one tries to maximize the browser window to 1920 or w/e it is, the forums remain just as small as they were when the screen was docked. I think this means the page is not acting responsive? I don’t know…

I have a feeling this might not be the fault of bbpress, and maybe it’s the fault of the sidebar’s formatting. It’s like the page is fixed width with a side bar. I do need the sidebars, because of the maps for each region under my regions forum. Is there a way to fix this? Suggestions?

Thank you for your time!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hi,

First of all, the /forums is indeed the default that comes out. Handy, no ? 🙂

For the width, this is fully WordPress and the theme you have chosen, so bbPress just adapts to it.
    I would propose that you ask on the global WordPress support forum for that.

Pascal.

semperaye
    Participant

@semperaye

Ok, thanx..I’ve been trying and i’ve gotten some css but it never does anything. I’ll keep looking.

Post you CSS here, who knows I see something …

semperaye
    Participant

@semperaye

I was given something like this:

body.responsive.page-template-default #page-wrapper .full-container {
        max-width: 1080px !important;
    }

It works 🙂

semperaye
    Participant

@semperaye

Yes! But not that code! 🙂

Here is what worked:

`@media screen and (min-width: 980px) {
    /* This is the width of the forum content area */
    .bbpress #content {
    max-width: 95%;
    }
    /* This is the width of the forum list */
    .bbpress #primary {
    width: 66.6666%;
    /* border: 1px solid red; */
    }
    /* This is the width of the forum list */
    .bbpress #secondary {
    width: 33.3333%;
    /* border: 1px solid blue; */
    }
    /* Center the contents of the sidebar */
    .bbpress #secondary aside {
    margin: 0 auto;
    display: table;
    }
    }

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar