Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Error – Forum

• By installing the forum (bbPress) and access to the loguin created this with the error message:

Warning: getmypid() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/g29890/public_html/******/forum/bb-includes/class-phpass.php on line 43

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/g29890/public_html/tiagobigode/forum/bb-includes/class-phpass.php:43) in /home/g29890/public_html/*******/forum/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 188

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/g29890/public_html/tiagobigode/forum/bb-includes/class-phpass.php:43) in /home/g29890/public_html/********/forum/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 228

someone might help me?

Thank now

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • It looks like your host has disabled several PHP functions that are required by bbPress. Who is your host? You can try contacting them and asking what functions they’ve disabled.

Alternatively, maybe you’re running under PHP safe mode? If so, try turning safe mode off. This scenario seems more likely to me…

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You can create a file called info.php and put this into it:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Then access that at http://www.example.com/bbpress/info.php and see if the getmypid function is disabled (just search that page for getmypid.) If it is, I imagine you can just remove that bit from class-phpass.php line 43.

$this->random_state = microtime() . getmypid();

In this instance, getmypid() just returns the pid of the process that called it and that is concatenated with microtime to provide a random number. You can use something else there and be fine, I think. Or, ask your host to enable it if it’s disabled.

Chris, you’re totally right about phpinfo and this should work. If that doesn’t work, it’s probably because Google says that the hosts that disable default PHP functions also disable phpinfo.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Those b@stards! (the hosts, not Google.)

tks

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

tiagobigode: what did you do to fix the problem? Please post the solution here so others may learn from your experience.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar