Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Do I have to stay in version 2.5 for life?

• supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

Bonjour,

BBpress est un programme chouette, le souci est que je suis obligé de revenir à la version 2.5.14 car dès que je passe à l’une des versions récentes le forum rencontre de nombreux soucis, pb horodatage, sujets qui disparaissent, édition d ‘ un post impossible sans perdre le sujet complet, bref, compliqué!

Je précise que j’ai changé d’hébergeur et de thème ces derniers mois… c’est bien BBPRESS le souci…

J’attends la version 2.6.7 avec espoir…

Hello,

BBpress is a nice program, the problem is that I have to go back to version 2.5.14 because as soon as I upgrade to one of the recent versions the forum encounters many problems, bp timestamp, topics that disappear, editing a post impossible without losing the complete topic, in short, complicated!

I would like to point out that I have changed host and topic in the last few months… it’s BBPRESS the concern…

I’m waiting for version 2.6.7 with hope…

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

2.5 should upgrade quite easily, so either your upgrade has failed, or you have another issue.

new versions of bbpress are unlikely to help, as tens of thousands of bbpress users are already at 2.6.6 without problem.

I can only suggest that you create a copy of your site that you can test in and then

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

You can use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting needing to deactivate lots of plugins

Health Check & Troubleshooting

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

Hello Robin,

thank you for your prompt response. :o)

I had already disabled the plugins and changed the theme but I couldn’t find the origin of the problem.

Do you know when version 2.6.7 will be released?

thank you

Christophe

Robin W

@robin-w

no I don’t, but if 2.6.6 doesn’t work, I would be extremely surprised if 2.6.7 does.

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

Thank you Robin,

The problem is that the bug is random and hard to reproduce.

This afternoon for example I wanted to delete an answer on a subject and it deleted the whole subject…

I’ll keep looking, if I have any info I’ll come back here.

Thank you in any case for taking a few minutes of your time to answer me.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm… that sounds really weird, no idea what could cause that

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

another example with version 2.6.6
    someone answers to a topic :

the recent answer widget is ok,

but the timestamp of the recent topics widget corresponds to the previous answer (of course I purged the cache…)

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

Good evening,

I come to give news, I reinstalled 2.6.6 yesterday and it’s going crazy, no bugs or malfunction for the moment…

The only problem is a reader who posted a comment that was not published and that I had to approve, I do not understand I did not activate spam protection or filtering …

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

Hello everyone,

I had the problem again this morning, I had to approve a response that didn’t appear, does anyone know how to disable this filter / feature?

Robin W

@robin-w

presuming you don’t have anti-spam or moderation plugins, then it will be wordpress moderation settings

dashboard>settings>discussion and check moderation, blacklist and whitelist settings, particularly no. links which is the usual one that users exceed.

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

Hello Robin,

yes, that’s what I will do and I will also uninstall Akismet in doubt because you can’t leave comments on the forum without being a subscriber so I don’t get spam

I found another bug that I was able to reproduce on a clone, if you put a subject or a post in the recycle garbage can you can’t restore it it ends with a 404

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, can you retype that last sentence – doesn’t quite make sense

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

ok, sorry, I use a translator I’m French :o)

I found another bug if I delete a topic it is not possible to restore it, then we have a page with a 404 error.

Robin W

@robin-w

If you bin/trash/’corbeille’ a topic, then you can restore it through

tableau de bord>sujets>corbeille>restaurer

dashboard>topics>bin/trash>retore

If you delete permanently/’supprimer’ a topic, then yes any reference to it will produce a 404 error, as that link does not exist.

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

re,

I have just tested the manipulation,

whether we go through WordPress as you told me or try to restore directly from the topic it doesn’t work.

I redid the test on a clone of the site and the problem recurred.

Robin W

@robin-w

when you restore it, it then becomes a draft – so you need to go into the topic in the tableau de bord and approve it – can you test this please

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

I just tested, it’s the same, knowing that with version 2.5 I never had this problem.

Well, we’ll stop here, I’ve bothered you enough, I’ll go back to version 2.5 which runs without any problem, thank you again.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, do come back if you want further help 🙂

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

Thank you for all the time you have given me. ;o)<

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

Good evening Robin,

I come to give some (good) news.

I recently cleaned up and removed a plugin that was out of date, so I was able to upgrade to the latest version of BBPRESS without any problems this time.

One problem that was persisting was posts and new topics disappearing, then thanks to you I understood that they were awaiting moderation, but I was not satisfied, I did not want to do moderation and let people post, I followed the advice of this topic: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/random-replies-being-marked-pending/

and now everything seems to work. 👍

Robin W

@robin-w

@supermagicien – thanks so much for posting back, it is always good to get feedback and updates !

Really glad you are now working on the latest bbpress 🙂

supermagicien
    Participant

@supermagicien

Thank you for your availability despite the many messages, I will now be able to update my forum with new versions.😀

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.