Categories
Search
Bottom

Different browsers show outdated content despite cleared cache

• quigli
    Participant

@quigli

Hello
    The following problem: if I open my forum with the chrome browser, everything works fine. However, if the page is opened with opera and edge, the latest pages are not loaded. The caches are all cleared. Can anyone help me?
    Many thanks and best regards, Rainer

More precisely:
    It’s about the page http://www.chemieaufgaben.ch. Directly on the homepage, for example, immediately below the page title Chemieaufgaben.ch is the line
    … INCLUDING SOLUTION PATHS (LAST UPDATE 18 JUNE 2024) . This line is loaded in opera and edge as follows:
    … INCLUDING SOLUTION PATHS (LAST UPDATE 20 MAY 2024)
    The date (directly as text, not dynamically generated) is therefore incorrect. Other posts are also partially ignored (depending on the browser). But everything works fine with Chrome. And as already mentioned: the cache is cleared

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I am seeing this as 20th May in chrome, firefox, edge and safari!

I suspect the difference will be cache, and maybe you are logged in on some but not others, but it is not browser cache.

so either caching on your server, or your distributed hosting?

I know you said you said you cleared it….

quigli
    Participant

@quigli

Hi Robin
    Thanks for the email. The keyword caching on the server helped, I tried a lot of things I hadn’t thought of that. Many thanks and best regards, Rainer

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar