Categories
Search
Bottom

del Sol Owners Club

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

del Sol Owners Club Forums

Just finished some integration for a website I run. Added a few of ck’s awesome plug-ins. :tip of the hat:

Still need to smooth the bugs out of the registration/login process before I will be 100% happy. I need to use a specific registration plug-in on the WordPress side that bbPress doesn’t play nice with.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Just updated a few little things.

There’s stuff that still needs tweaking, but otherwise I consider this a fully integrated install with custom template and heavily modified via plug-ins.

I like your forum, very nice :)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Just upgraded the whole she-bang to BuddyPress with integrated bbPress. Phew! New theme to boot, with some new bbPress theme updates in the works.

Wow! Nice work. Very inspirational.

WordPress MU is something I’ve considered for the Atheneum School down the line once I get more comfortable.

Any good advice to get started on a huge project like that?

Shagalaga

@shagalaga

Nice :D

but some usernames are missing(or hidden?) :-P

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Yeah some of my users haven’t updated their profiles, and BuddyPress doesn’t recognize them until either they do, or I force the info (which I will probably do.)

@TeddyC, it took me installing WordPressMU 4 times before I followed the instructions correctly, and I’d recommend not doing it on Valentines weekend so your girlfriend doesn’t hate you for a few days, but otherwise I think it went as smoothly as it could considering I migrated 200 users from WordPress.org/bbPress over to MU. There’s a few places where I had to trial and error my way through the multi-blog switchover and the URL re-writing still isn’t perfect (categories and postnames are broken?) and I had to manually dump the DB and replace all the directory references for all of the uploaded media.

Otherwise the rest was just tweaking and tinkering. Lots of it. :)

I’ve got the forums FULLY integrated now with BuddyPress, so single account access, cookies, and users are able to post to group forums from within the group itself, and vice versa. It’s a neat little bridge and I rather like that it’s all playing nice. Hopefully upgrading to 1.0 or new alpha’s doesn’t TOTALLY break everything too badly, although I anticipate that it probably will. Yay! :D

I am going to be using BuddyPress to do a small social networking site for a non profit, that is going to be incorporating some school related content, so I will let you know how that goes and be sure to stay in touch as it progresses. I’ll link back to it here if we decide to incorporate bbPress.

teddyc

@teddyc

Thanks for the advice and keep up the good work! I look forward to hearing about your bbpress integration if it happens.

trouwjurk

@trouwjurk

I would like to hear that to!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar