Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cookie Question – WP, BB, and beyond

• themesbycal

@themesbycal

Hello

I’m testing out some things and trying to synchronize WordPress, BBPress and Amember Subscription software. I have pretty much everything worked out, but need a little cookie help if it’s out there.

I’ve read this post, which outlines cookie settings

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpressbbpress-single-sign-on?replies=22#post-9010

The problem is that I don’t want to install the cookie plugin for WP because I already have this in my Wp-config file

define(‘COOKIEPATH’,’/’);

define(‘SITECOOKIEPATH’, ‘/’);

define(‘COOKIEHASH’, md5($_SERVER[HTTP_HOST]));

I guess my question is, what do I put into my BB config file for cookies?

I realize this may not be a direct BBPress issue, but I thought maybe one of you had an idea.

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Did you ever get this working? I plan to try soon.

Amember has a WordPress plugin but I’d like to know if it cascades successfully through a WordPress/BBPress integration.

themesbycal

@themesbycal

Yeah, it worked out fine.

If I remember correctly, I just integrated WP and BB first (minus the cookie settings). Then I installed Amember and installed the WP plugin. All 3 were installed in the same database. For BB cookies I think I just set them the same as _cK_ said in a different post here. For WP cookies, I believe that is in the Amember Plugin Readme file.

It wasn’t too tough. If you need to know anything else let me know and I can take a look. I’ve decided to go with PHPBB instead of BBpress but I still have it all installed at the moment. There’s nothing wrong with BBpress just want more group and permission control.

Hope that helps.

I’ve also pulled this off. It’s fantastic.

horrorshow

@horrorshow

themebyc,

Just curious, have you been able to get single sign-on between phpbb and wordpress?

thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar