Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Change Gravatar Size?

• citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

I’ve installed 0.9.0.1 at my test site. Gravatars show in the user profile at their true size of 80×80. However, in the kakumei theme, they are displayed at 48×48. I can’t find where this can be changed. I looked in the CSS and in the post.php file.

Am I blind?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Here is what a quick grep came up with:

bb-includes/template-functions.php:function post_author_avatar( $size = ’48’, $default = ”, $post_id = 0 ) {

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Thanks Wyvn. It would be nice if there was something in the Admin menu to change this, but for now I’ll just change that file. :)

Well, if you like to hack you admin files, you can add the following code to the options-general.php file just after line 143, making this code start on line 144;

<label for="avatars_size">
    <?php _e('Gravatar Size:'); ?>
    </label>
    <div>
    <select name="avatars_size" id="avatars_size">
    <?php
    $selected = array();
    $selected[bb_get_option('avatars_size')] = ' selected="selected"';
    ?>
    <option value="16"<?php echo $selected[16]; ?>><?php _e('16 px'); ?></option>
    <option value="32"<?php echo $selected['32']; ?>><?php _e('32 px'); ?></option>
    <option value="36"<?php echo $selected['36']; ?>><?php _e('36 px'); ?></option>
    <option value="48"<?php echo $selected['48']; ?>><?php _e('48 px'); ?></option>
    <option value="80"<?php echo $selected['80']; ?>><?php _e('80 px'); ?></option>
    <?php
    unset($selected);
    ?>
    </select>
    </div>

And in the bb-includes/template-functions.php file, after line 1198 you can add this;

$size = bb_get_option('avatars_size');

Then you can change the size in the admin section, and the correct size will show with the posts.

Or you can download the edited files here

Rune

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Thanks Rune. I actually don’t like to hack admin files… Wyvn’s suggestion did the trick. I just made note of the change so I can do it again when I upgrade next.

Maybe you can submit that for a future version of bbPress. :-)

Any chance on updating this info for 1.0.2? Sounds like a nice work-around.

In the mean time you can just pass the size via the avatar call…

<?php post_author_avatar_link($size='100'); ?>

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar