Categories
Search
Bottom

Can't view or post to forums after 2.1 update

• jmm7574
    Participant

@jmm7574

Hello …

I’m using a theme called cheerapp that I purchased from Theme Forest. It has bbpress integrated. When I upgraded to bbpress 2.1, I received a fatal error: “Call to undefined function royal_login() in /wp-content/themes/cheerapp/header.php on line 69”

I found a comment on the theme’s support page from another user saying that he tweaked the functions.php to look like this:

if ( function_exists( 'bbpress' ) ) {
       $bbp = bbpress();

He mentioned that it had to do with the change from $bbp to bbpress().

This change got rid of my fatal error, but since then, whenever I try to click on a forum, it gives me a 404 error. The forums are there in my WordPress admin and it’s pointing to the correct URL, but I’m still getting these page not found errors.

I’m not sure if this is an issue with my theme or an issue with bbPress. I’ve tried to contact the theme creator but he is apparently on some extended vacation or something and isn’t responding to questions, and I’d really like to get my forums up and running again.

Any suggestions? Is there anything inherently bad with the tweak to the code I posted above? Any idea what could be causing those 404 errors?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have … Matt

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Ideally, theme authors should update their themes for the latest version of bbPress. In bbPress 2.1, the $bbp global was replaced with a function call to bbpress(). The snippet of code above is recreating the global that 2.1 eliminated the need for.

jmm7574
    Participant

@jmm7574

So what can I do from here? My forums still worked when bbPress 2.0.3 was still active. Until the theme author updates for bbPress 2.1, is there a way to revert back to 2.0.3 so my forums will still work?

jmm7574
    Participant

@jmm7574

My theme author hasn’t updated the theme, and I’m still having trouble with my forums. Is there a way to revert back to 2.0.3 so my forums will still work?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I’d advise against reverting back. Instead, in your theme’s functions.php, put…

$GLOBALS['bbp'] = bbpress();
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.