Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can I remove features from BBCODE BUTTONS?

• I just installed it, and it’s great, but for me, it has too many features.

Can I remove some of them? I mainly want to keep Bold, Italic, Quote and Link. Not the other stuff.

There’s no settings panel for it in Admin.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You know what, this plugin doesn’t work at all for me.

edit: Just tried out BBCode Lite, and that works.

Can you limit the width of an image, so it doesn’t exceed the forum?

Just tried deleting BBCode because I found that BBcode Lite made it work. But then the buttons disappeared.

Does BBCode Lite require the normal BBCode Buttons plugin to work?

This plugin is no good. You have to press each button twice? One for quote-start, one for quote-end. You can’t mark up text and wrap it in tags. This is not logical

Alright can someone help me remove some features from this?

I want to remove List, Unordered List, Close, Center, ORdered list, Code, URL, Strike through:

<?php
    /*
    Plugin Name: BBcode Buttons Toolbar
    Plugin URI: https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/114
    Description: Automatically adds an easy access button toolbar above the post textarea to allow quick tags in BBcode. This is an enhanced replacement for the Comment Quicktags plugin. No template editing required.
    Author: _ck_
    Author URI: http://bbShowcase.org
    Version: 0.0.9

License: CC-GNU-GPL http://creativecommons.org/licenses/GPL/2.0/

Donate: http://bbshowcase.org/donate/
    */

add_action('post_form','bbcode_buttons',11);
    add_action('edit_form','bbcode_buttons',11);
    add_action('bbcode_buttons','bbcode_buttons');

function bbcode_buttons() {
    $tags = bb_allowed_tags();
    echo "<scr"."ipt type='text/javascript' defer='defer'>
    function BBcodeButtons_init() {
    BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_bold','Fet','','','b','font-weight:bold;','Fete bokstaver'));
    BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_italic','Kursiv','','','i','padding-right:7px;font-style:italic;','Kursive bokstaver'));
    BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_under','U','','','u','text-decoration:underline;','underline'));
    BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_strike','S','','','s','text-decoration:line-through;','strike through'));
    BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_link','URL','','[/url]','a','text-decoration:underline;','make a link'));
    BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_block','“Sitat”','
    Quote:
    ','
    ','q','padding:0 1px 1px 1px;','Siter tekst'));";
    if (isset($tags['img'])) {echo "BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_img','Bilde','[img]','[/img]','m',-1));";}
    echo "BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_ul','UL','
      ','
    ','u','','unordered list'));
    BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_ol','OL','
      ','
    ','o','','ordered list'));
    BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_li','LI','[*]','[/*]','l','','list item'));";
    if (isset($tags['center'])) {echo "BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_center','center','
    ','
    ','c','','center'));";}
    echo "BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_code','CODE','
    Code:
    ','
    ','p','line-height:160%;font-size:80%;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:anadale,serif;','unformatted / code'));
    BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_close','close','','','c',' ','auto-close any tags you left open'));
    }</scr"."ipt>
    <scr"."ipt src='" .bb_get_option('uri').trim(str_replace(array(trim(BBPATH,"/\"),".php","\"),array("",".js","/"),__FILE__),"/\")."?0.0.9' type='text/javascript' defer='defer'></scr"."ipt>";
    }
    ?>

Ugh, talking to myself here. There is a bug with the Link function which fucks up IE, I suppose everyone has stopped caring now.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Simply put two slashes in front of any code you want to disable.

ie.

// BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_ol','OL','

','
    ','o','','ordered list'));
    // BBcodeButtons.push(new BBcodeButton('ed_li','LI','[*]','[/*]','l','','list item'));";

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL……..

Not to shout but HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL

I sat up all night removing code completely, and it’s this easy? Just two slashes? Poor bastards couldn’t write that in the fucking readme file.

It’s not that easy, when removing the “Code” button this way, I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in /home/michael/public_html/forum/bb-plugins/bbcode-buttons/BBcode-buttons.php on line 29

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

When you do it for the code line make sure you put it after the echo part, ie.

echo "// BBcodeButtons.push

The reason why there is so little documentation is because there aren’t any donations for my plugins so there is no development/documentation. There is no support, keep that in mind when you take something for free and then want to customize it.

Ah you’re the author huh. Yeah well, it’s good you took initiative. Would really appreciate an admin panel for it. Like “what color do you want as background, what features do you want to include” etc. Had a hardass time styling the css in this one. The result turned out good though, so it wasn’t impossible.

However, more importantly, I wish for the option to select text, and one click on button will automatically at a start and end-tag. Instead of clicking twice. This is the number one wish! All the other stuff I can live with.

Ah, I have one simple wish too. Maybe you could give me the code to put in right here :)

A youtube button! Is this possible?

PropaneFitness

@propanefitness

Lol @ Marius

silvanacolo

@silvanacolo

Yeah well, it’s good you took initiative. Would really appreciate an admin panel for it. Like “what color do you want as background, what features do you want to include” etc. Had a hardass time styling the css in this one. The result turned out good though, so it wasn’t impossible.

However, more importantly, I wish for the option to select text, and one click on button will automatically at a start and end-tag. Instead of clicking twice. This is the number one wish! All the other stuff I can live with.

addy80

@addy80

i am agree with all..except Marius!! Marius just shut up!! go to hell..!lolz

Affordable Logo Design

logo design services

business logo design

logo designing

actually i don’t have any need to delete something from this so i m not gonna do something like you people did

thanks

-:suha

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar