Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Admin link doesn't take me to dashboard

• hopeful4info

@hopeful4info

Just wondering. Would anybody know why the Admin link in the header doesn’t take me to the bb dashboard.

In the header, on the left hand side, it says,

Welcome, Admin | Admin | Log out

The Welcome is not a link, The first Admin takes me to my profile, and the second Admin should take me to the dashboard, but it doesn’t. When I click on it the page just refreshes and I am in the same place. Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• hopeful4info

@hopeful4info

Just to add to the previous post, If I log out and then log back in, and then click the admin link, it takes me right to the dashboard.

Weird, huh?

sanderjansma

@sanderjansma

I have the same thing…except I have it in a WP and BBpress integration. When I login as admin into WP and then go to the BBpress forum and click the admin link…nothing happens. When I first login at BBpress and click on the admin link it does take me to the dashboard. I think it’s a cookie thingy, but I don’t know for sure…can anyone help?

I have the same problem with a WP/bbP integration… I just log in at bbPress every time, but yes, it would be nice to know what’s up.

Try clearing you cache… That happened to me after that it worked fine.

Lucky :P I have the same problem across two different installs that I access from two different machines using two different browsers (two of each, seriously), so I don’t think caching is the underlying cause.

hopeful4info

@hopeful4info

OK, I just cleared my cache as per gerikg’s more than capable advice and it seems to work as it should. Time will tell. I will mark this as resolved. Thanks Gerikg.

Nope, that’s to fix your capabilities setting, without which I think it’d be impossible to access admin ever. Ah well :)

brad@foreverybody

@bradforeverybody

I was having the same problem. I back tracked through the code and found the problem was the admin section looking for a secure cookie and the login script was always setting the cookies without the secure flag. I worked around the issue by changing the force_ssl_admin function to always return true.

function is located in: bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/functions.core.php line 802-ish

hope this helps somebody.

This issue can be solved by the bbPress integration plugin for WordPress. Keep the plugin activated, it generates the required cookies on WordPress authentication hooks which otherwise are not created for accessing bbPress dashboard (or admin panel)

P.S. – I actually looked at the plugin’s code today!

Don’t know what the BackPress has to do here!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar