Bottom

404 error when trying to edit post

• drzomboss
    Participant

@drzomboss

current WP version: 6.6.1
    current bbpress version: 2.6.11

Dear BBpress moderators,

I have recently started a forum on my site and chose bbpress as my forum plugin… Now Iam experiencing the following problem; when I login as a user, post a topic and then try to edit it as the user OR as an admin, I get a “no results found” blank page with a 404 error. Another matter that is inoptimal is that when you click a user’s profile, you get a mile long blank page with broken links on it, and when you scroll to the bottom you get a very glitched out user module with non-functioning tabs. Would you perhaps know how to fix this? I have already tried a ton of things, from editing the slug to logging in as different roles, nothing works. Bytheway, as an admin, ‘splitting’ a topic/ reply also doesn’t work and gives me the same error.

Thak you in advance

Sincerely, Dave.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• drzomboss
    Participant

@drzomboss

P.S. The same problem that occurs for the user profile also occurs when searching for a forum

Robin W

@robin-w

you are using the divi theme

On profiles,I’d suggest you add

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>theme support and you’ll see some useful info on search and profiles

2. on splitting using the same plugin as above, go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>bbPress Bug Fixes

and select Fix ‘A variable Mismatch has been detected’ – this may fix that one.

drzomboss
    Participant

@drzomboss

Dear Robin W;
    Thank you alot for your quick reply, I will try it as soon as I get home and will let you know wether it worked.

Sincerely, Dave.

drzomboss
    Participant

@drzomboss

Dear Robin W,
    I have done as you said, and as for the search results and user profiles it atleast kindof works (even though the tabs still don’t work and the header is still somewhat spaced out, but atleast it isn’t completely messed up anymore). But the issue with not being able to edit posts as neither admin nor user persists, would you also happen to know how to fix that?

Sincerely, Dave.

Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

drzomboss
    Participant

@drzomboss

Dear Robin W,
    I just can’t get the edit button to work, I’ve tried everything. Is there perhaps also a way to let a user delete their own post, so they can re-do the post if they want to write something else than they originally wrote?

Sincerely, Dave.

Robin W

@robin-w

what wordpress and bbpress roles do users have?

drzomboss
    Participant

@drzomboss

The default of bbpress is set to participant, and the default user role on the site is subscriber, however users can also have a custom ‘vendor’ role, which should give them the same permissions as far as the forum goes as everyone else

Robin W

@robin-w

so when you say ‘ then try to edit it as the user OR as an admin, I get a “no results found” blank page’ are they clicking edit from the front end?

Robin W

@robin-w

oh and can you try

dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – this resets the permalinks and may help

drzomboss
    Participant

@drzomboss

yes, I did that from the frontend… have also tried resetting the permalinks, but that also didn’t work… I appologize sincerely for the late reply, but I have been very busy. But I just can’t seem to get the edit option to work in any capacity

Robin W

@robin-w

Ok, this is an individual site issue – ie an issue with your site.

I am suspecting that this might be related to roles and capabilities, especially if you are using custom roles, but it could equally be something else.

Not sure I can help further

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar