Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WPMU 2.6.1 and bbPress 1.0 Alpha

• Alex

@hempsworth

I’m trying to integrate WPMU 2.6.1 and bbPress 1.0 alpha, and I’m having some troubles. Here’s how the installation process went for me:

Database details were fine.

The bbPress salt etc details were left blank as this is usually added later in the WordPress integration area.

In the integration area I inserted the WPMU address into the two URL textfields. For the keys I used the following from the wp-config.php file in my WPMU root:

WordPress "auth" cookie key -> AUTH_KEY
    WordPress "auth" cookie salt -> SECRET_SALT
    WordPress "secure auth" cookie key -> SECURE_AUTH_KEY
    WordPress "secure auth" cookie salt -> SECURE_AUTH_SALT
    WordPress "logged in" cookie key -> LOGGED_IN_KEY
    WordPress "logged in" cookie salt -> LOGGED_IN_SALT

I then selected ‘Add user database integration settings’ and left WP_ as the prefix.

This went through fine.

In the Site Settings area I added the site name and URL, but something struck me right here – it was asking for ‘key master’ account details, previously this has already been the site admin for the WordPress install.

I added the username of the admin user, ‘admin, and that failed saying the account already existed. I tried the install again, and changed the ‘key master’ to another username, and this time it failed but said ‘The key master could not be created. You may need to replace bbPress with a fresh copy and start again.’

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bbPress issue?

I’m guessing WordPress and WordPress MU integration is planned for the final 1.0 release?

Thanks,

Alex

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Alex

@hempsworth

By the way, if it makes any difference, I’m running PHP 5.2.6 and mySQL 5, and WPMU is installed in the root, with subdirectories enabled.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@hempsworth

You need to add the same SALT and KEY settings in bbPress config file…

define('BB_AUTH_KEY', '');
    define('BB_AUTH_SALT', '');
    define('BB_SECURE_AUTH_KEY', '');
    define('BB_SECURE_AUTH_SALT', '');
    define('BB_LOGGED_IN_KEY', '');
    define('BB_LOGGED_IN_SALT', '');

Of course you need to actually set values in them to match your WPMU install.

Alex

@hempsworth

Thanks!

Should I create the config file and then go through the install process?

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

No, just install as normal in step 1 add the KEYS as they exist in your WPMU install and by the time you get to step 2 (integration) you should have a bb-config.php file. Add the SALTS in at the start of step 2 before you submit your integration details.

I made a change today to trunk… https://trac.bbpress.org/changeset/1747

This should allow you to successfully integrate and select an admin from the blog with ID of 1 (usually the primary blog) in your WPMU install as a keymaster.

Hopefully this will sort you out.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar