Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Why separate forums?

• OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

Why have support forums in 2 places for bbpress – here and on WP forums?

I think it makes the developers spend more time trying to help because they have to look in 2 places, and it confuses users who don’t always know where to post/read…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Every plugin hosted on WordPress.org automatically has a built in forum. You will find a lot of people that answer questions over there pretty much handle everything WordPress related. This forum here is more for us who are more dedicated to supporting bbPress directly. This is more of a community of users of a specific product, bbPress.

OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

I understand.

However, if every plugin thought this way and took away its support to an outside site, the whole WP community loses.

I think there is a case to be made for merging the 2 forums.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Given the choice, I do my best to stay away from the wordpress.org forums.

When I am at a forum, I am there to learn from or help with a particular script or plugin. I don’t need to see thousands of unrelated posts to what I am actually interested in. That’s why for me at least, I prefer separate forums for each product.

As hard as it is to build a community here around bbPress, imagine having to do it when mixed in with tens of thousands of other products. arghhh

OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

I respectfully disagree on the point that it would be harder to build a bbPress community at WP.

If anything, a more vibrant discussion at https://wordpress.org/tags/bbpress will encourage more WordPress users to use bbPress.

I don’t need to see thousands of unrelated posts to what I am actually interested in.

That’s baffling. I would have imagined that every bbPress user is interested in WordPress, considering bbPress is a plugin for WordPress.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar