Categories
Search
Bottom

Where is favorite data-toggle located

• Matt McFarland
    Participant

@matt-mcfarland

Hi all!

I’ve been playing with a child theme for a few days and have had great success so far making my own template. Right now I need to gain access to class ‘favorite-toggle’ so I can change the words ‘favorite’/’favorited’ to something else.

The only file I could find something remotely close was loop-single-topic.php but that is not it.

Any ideas?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Matt McFarland
    Participant

@matt-mcfarland

Checked js files and didnt see em in there either.

i also checked the language file but I have no clue how to use it and I read documentation on language files and it just doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t really even want to change the language per se, I just want to change the verbage.

Honestly I think that there should be documentation on how to do something like this. Am a bit frustrated that there isn’t and also that there are lots of posts on these forums with no replies and bumps. Seems almost dead.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Not dead; just resting. A quick search should have lead you to the bbp_get_user_favorites_link function in users/template-tags.php. You can pass your own arguments into it, or you can filter bbp_after_get_user_favorites_link_parse_args to override them.

Matt McFarland
    Participant

@matt-mcfarland

I looked at template-tags.php and that looks like it is getting the user’s favorites, like it’s getting a list of their favorite stuff.

I’m trying to replace the word “favorites” with a glyphicon – to confirm you’re saying that the get_user_fav_link code is actually the code that puts the word “Favorite” and “Favorited??”

blozixdextr
    Participant

@blozixdextr

Sorrt for troubling: I want to modify theme and make SE optimization.

but can`t add rel=”nofollow” to TAG CLOUD….
    to site: http://shetalk.ru/
    How to do this ?

koendb
    Participant

@koendb

Hi JJJ,

I really appreciate your effort on this forum!

I understand you can’t spend to much time here, but I guess your answers are still quite complicated for most of the bbpress users, an example would be great. I managed to write this with your hints, and some further googling. Thanks!

function user_favorites_link( $args ) {
    		$args['favorite'] = 'Maak favoriet';
    		$args['favorited'] = 'geen favoriet meer';
    		return $args;
    	}
     add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_user_favorites_link_parse_args','user_favorites_link'); 
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar