Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

two hopefully simple issues (force login & topic author)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

For issue # 1, you might want to try hidden forums:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/hidden-forums/

For # 2, in the “started by” data column, just use this in your template’s front-page.php:

<?php topic_author(); ?>

You said “started by” right, since “last poster” is already there, right?

Hey, thanks for the tip re: hidden forums plugin; I’ll give that a shot.

And yeah, I’m trying to add first poster/author since, as you said, last poster is already there. And I did find that <?php topic_author(); ?> code, but for some reason I can’t get it to work – if you look at the code I put in the first post, you should see it there, but for some reason it’s not working. Do you see anything there I should change? </p>

<p>Thanks for your help…`

ok, stuff just got a lot weirder. i made the original post sticky and made a new topic, and the “topic author” code is working for the sticky one but not the regular one. (screenshot.) how the hell did i do THAT?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You have to add it in two places in front-page.php. If you look closely, you will see where. It’s just another row in the same table. You changed the header of the table already, and you changed the sticky portion of the table (and if you changed that before but didn’t have a sticky post, you would not have known you changed it because there was nothing to display there, so your change would not have been used for anything) you just have to change the next row, a little further down in front-page.php in your template. You’ll see it if you take a look.

Beautiful. I KNEW it was some stupid thing. Thanks for finding it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar