Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topic Index Overlays Other Text

• I am a relative novice, so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place. I searched and didn’t see an appropriate topic.

On my bbPress Forum page, I have used shortcodes as follows:

[bbp-login]

[bbp-register]

bbp-lost-pass]

[bbp-topic-index]

The topic index overlays other text on the page, specifically, “Viewing 2 topics – 1 through 2 of 2.”

The url is http://bulimiatips.org/forum-2/ if you wish to see what I am talking about.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

This actually is being caused by your themes stylesheet.

Specifically line 647

.ind-post, .hentry {
    float: left;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #eee;
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 10px;
    width: 100%;
    word-wrap: break-word;
    }

The float: left is causing the problems. Removing that will fix the forum problems but could potentially cause other problems with the theme. (I didn’t check)

I also added the following rule:

.bbp-topics {
    clear: both;
    width: 100%;
    }

*that only takes care of this one table. You will probably have to go through and fix the rest. Once again, I did not check, but the css above should point you in the right direction.

Thank you, anointed. I would have never figured that out on my own. I may have to change themes. I’ll experiment a little first with your suggestions. Really appreciate the help.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

No need to change the template, just go through and make the needed css changes and your good to go. You will find that just about any theme is going to need a bit of tweaking. It really shouldn’t take more than an hour or two in order to get most any theme looking right.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar