Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Subforum URL redirecting to homepage

• OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

I am facing a strange problem with one of my sites.

Clicking on a subforum (or typing in the URL) redirects me to the site’s homepage. I suspect this is because somehow WP decides it hasn’t found a page for that URL. Not sure what to do…I have installed bbPress in other sites previously but haven;t had this problem.

Please, can someone help?

http://www.csillamvilag.com/forum/

Yes, the forums’ appearance sucks…I haven’t customized it yet.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

Actually, user profile link is misbehaving similarly.

intimez
    Participant

@intimez

Go to the wp admin section, then go to Settings and then Forums.

Check to make sure there are no conflicts

OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

There are no conflicts.

Also went to WP Admin > Settings > Permalinks and hit Save.

For some strange reason only subforums are behaving badly.

www.domain.com/forum/f/forum-name/subforum-name returns 404.

I tried monkeyman’s rewrite analyzer and have been told that the rewrite rule is working; something else is in the way.

I tried putting print(debug_backtrace()); after function set_404() { in wp-includes/query.php but did not get any intelligible debug information…all that happens is: a single word Array gets prefixed to the top of the 404 page.

I have also discovered that in the database, in the table wp_posts the value stored in column guid for these subforums is http://www.domain.com/forum/f/subforum-name i.e. without the parent forum’s slug.

If I try to visit www.domain.com/forum/f/subforum-name then I do get to the subforum page. Funnily enough, the breadcrumbs on that page depict the correct path including the parent forum.

Curiously, when I create a new subforum, the guid field for it is www.domain.com/?post_type=forum&#XXX;p=YYYY If I try to follow that URL, I end up at forums base.

I should point out that this messed up parent-child relationship is only occuring for bbPress…I have many hierarchical pages in WP, and they all seem fine.

intimez
    Participant

@intimez

Not sure but you can also try looking under Pages and see if there is anything there that has the same name. Match your Forums base name and try that.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar