style-rtl.css problem in 0.81 with IE
I can’t help you directly, but looking at it through Firebug in FF I notice that the second <p> element in the login form (containing the username, password and submit items) seems to have no area. I can’t see why, though.
Thanks fel64 for the reply
I also don’t know what to do
Any one else, has any suggestion ?
(did anyone else encounter the same problem ?)
Use Firefox until the problem is resolved?
Sorry, I looked and did not see what it could be.
If you could provide an example screenshot or something like that showing the problem, we could probably see it better and maybe put up a TRAC ticket for it if the problem exists. It would require telling us what version of IE you are using as well as the screenshot.
Take a look at this. On the right is “view source” in Firefox, where the br tags appear properly. On the left is “edit source” using kwrite on Linux. Maybe it’s just weirdness with kwrite, but it seemed odd to me.
I suspect though that the problem is with a div causing the problem in IE. Still looking
Trent, it’s definitely FUBAR in IE6:
I hope you keep that image up Chrishajer because I made a TRAC ticket based on it!
The image will be there forever.
I don’t know anything about rtl, but if you remove the login form from the page, the page renders properly (no horizontal scroll.) If you remove the class=”login” from the form tag, the form elements appear in the header, but they are stacked vertically rather than displayed horizontally as they are in FF.
Here is a screenshot with the form unstyled without a class or style tag:
p.s. I attached both screenshots to the trac ticket should my server disappear.
Thanks allot people (chrishajer, Trent) for the attention. It is like a breeze of fresh air after no reply for some time. Thanks again.
chrishajer – What can I do – people I address sometimes use IE, so I must address there needs.
Trent – Thanks for the Trac posting.
Waiting for the 0.81++ release.
P.s: it seems the ticket is not assigned to any new release, can some1 please fix that ?
I was only kidding about making people use FF.
And from experience, it might take a week or so before the ticket is assigned, unless it’s affecting a lot of people or is an easy one to fix. I wish I had the answer but I have a hard enough time just reading from right to left.
Did you try removing the / class=”login” / from the template for the login form and see if the problem goes away in IE? At least that way it would be visible in IE, although not styled and ugly. It could be used at least temporarily until it’s resolved.
Since I did not yet open the forum, I don’t see a reason to try and patch it to work. (especially when I don’t know how people are supposed to login if I remove the TEMPLATE)
I hope the issue will be resolved soon, so I could open up the forum
Well, a week hasn’t passed yet, but still the ticket is not up in the 1.0 release trac – I hope it is normal.
I don’t think there’s anything unusual. Hang in there.
I changed the status to 1.0 for that ticket. It is a big issue, but most issues are put to the nearest version that is possible. It just hadn’t been put to 1.0 yet because it was behind quite a few tickets! It is changed now and hopefully will be in there and not pushed back to 1.5!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.