Categories
Search
Bottom

Sidebars in BBpress profile

• Sloppy Buns
    Participant

@diggories

Hi there,

I am using the theme hueman, the latest WordPress, all up to date and have asked this question in their support but have still not received a reply.

I have one small problem with User Profiles and that is there are no sidebars showing at all, The sidebars are present in the forum just not the profiles and also in some other forum stats pages examples:

No sidebars
    User profile

Most Popular Topics

Has Sidebars
    Forum

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Sloppy Buns
    Participant

@diggories

I have worked part of this out and have implemented a is_bbpress format for forum pages so I can choose what sidebars to put on my forum pages however I am still not able to get sidebars to show up on profile or most popular topics.

What I require is the is_ codex for these pages so I can write a script to place sidebars on these pages, I have found that the User profile has these html body classes:
    bbp-user-page single singular bbpress
    is_bbpress() does not work

and Most Popular Topics:
    bbp-view bbpress

This should be is_bbpress() however is_bbpress() does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sloppy Buns
    Participant

@diggories

Ok i think I have found where the problem is, take a look at the Body Class snippets from different pages on bbpress, paying particular attention to the sections after the word bbpress in each snippet.

The top two are from pages I am able to get sidebars to appear on and the bottom two I can not.

In the top two notice after the word bbpress you see a description of the type of page it is “single single-topic” and “archive” respectively.

In the bottom two this does not happen so my theme “Hueman” doesn’t know what sort of pages they are and therefore is unable to place the sidebars on these pages, now all I need to know is how to rectify this?

<body class="topic bbpress single single-topic postid-976 logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support topbar-enabled full-width gecko">

<body class="forum-archive bbpress archive post-type-archive post-type-archive-forum logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support topbar-enabled full-width gecko">

<body class="bbp-user-page single singular bbpress logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support topbar-enabled full-width gecko">

<body class="bbp-view bbpress logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support topbar-enabled full-width gecko">

Sloppy Buns
    Participant

@diggories

To simplify the above, it appears “bbp-view” and “bbp-user-page” do not have a wp-class equivalent?

Lynqoid
    Participant

@lynqoid

It doesn’t look like they are hidden inside the CSS, it looks like the get_sidebar functions are not in the user profile template file.

The classes are set by the following:

<body class="topic bbpress single single-topic... <- bbp_is_single_topic
    <body class="forum-archive bbpress archive... <- bbp_is_forum_archive
    <body class="bbp-user-page single singular bbpress... <- bbp_is_single_user
    <body class="bbp-view bbpress... <- bbp_is_single_view

Take a look at the source for any others here

Sloppy Buns
    Participant

@diggories

Thanks for the reply Stephen. I will take a look.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar