reverse integration bb_usermeta bb_user tables
I have an existing phpbb2 forum and was hoping to migrate the existing data into bbPress, followed by integration to WordPress MU. Here’s the steps i’ve done so far:
1. installed a fresh copy of bbPress 1.0.2
2. downloaded phpbb2bbpress converter from http://www.iteisa.com/phpbb2bbpress/
3. ammended the necessary stuff inside the file and ran the script
4. installed WordPress MU
I was comparing the bb_ and wp_ tables and would like to know:
1. can i simply insert into wp_usermeta, (user_id, meta_key, meta_value) from bb_usermeta table where the meta_key = bb_capabilities because it looks safer than just replacing wp_usermeta with bb_usermeta due to the existing entries in wp_usermeta which i’m unsure of their usage?
2. it also seems that i should insert all the necessary values from bb_users table to wp_users table because wp_users has more columns
are there anything else database-wise i need to do?
After the above i know i need to install a bbpress-integration.php into WordPress MU and do some settings on both bbPress and WordPress MU settings/configs. Are there any other steps i’m missing out?
I would really appreciate any help on this
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.