Categories
Search
Bottom

REPLY: pre-populate text area with @username

• B
    Participant

@piksel

Hi guys,

What’s the best way to pre-populate the topic’s text area with the @username of the person you’re replying to?

When you currently hit “reply” to a forum entry, it takes you to the text box, but you still have to copy + paste the user’s @username if you want to tag them in the reply (or type manually). Not user-friendly.

Suggestions?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• B
    Participant

@piksel

nothing? surprised no one else hasn’t already implemented this.

Robin W

@robin-w

This is doable with some code, but obviously no-one has thought it critical enough to code it – sorry !

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Could easily be done with some JS. Anyone want to try a patch?

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

B
    Participant

@piksel

@netweb thanks. I did see that direct quotes plugin; what I didn’t like was that you couldn’t highlight and then quote just a selection. Minute detail, but if the quoted post is looong, I found it annoying to have to go in and delete all the unwanted parts of the post just to get the right phrase or sentence to quote.

Ultimately what I was looking for is just a simple pre-population of the username once you hit “reply” in a person’s post.

@johnjamesjacoby
    glad to know it’s at least doable, and not too complicated. Hopefully someone down the road would want to take it on!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar