Categories
Search
Bottom

Profile ID transcends different bbpress installs

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Hello

I have three bbpress installs on my website, for three very different forums, example: bbpress/a

bbpress/b

bbpress/c

I am just installing the third one, all are on 8.2.1. I noticed a problem when setting up a test profile. On the third forum, bbpress/c, the profile ID was 2. It took the Profile ID from bbpress/b, the second forum, which has nothing to do with third forum. Now, I am afraid of deleting profile ID 2 from bbpress/c because it may delete profile ID 2 from bbpress/b. So now it appears that even with different names for my installs with different names within the config.php files, that the profile IDS are not differentiantiated. This is a major problem.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Are all the installs using the same database, or in the config, is the table prefix different for each install? Should users be able to use one profile for all 3 different forums, or should they need different usernames and logins for each forum?

Just curious.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

All installs are using the same database. In the config, the table prefix is different for each install. I do not want one profile for all three different forums. They need to use different usernames and logins for each forum. The reason being that two out of my three forums are very restricted where I add them, whereas the other one is for very general use.

I am also getting on my bbpress/c a post from my bbpress/b which I had never posted to bbpress/c.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

And it also says I have 5 users when I only have 2 listed. Those users must be pulled over from bbpress/b also.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Wait, wait, it might be my htaccess file that is causing the problem…..

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Yes, it was!!!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar