Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Permalinks with IIRF Isapi Rewrite Filter

• flint6

@flint6

Hi. I just installed bbpress without any problems. I am running IIS 6.0 and got my host to install the IIRF Isapi Rewrite Filter, since I cannot use mod_rewrite.

Currently my permalink settings are “none”. If I try to change permalinks to “name based” using the bbpress Admin area, my threads no longer work and show up as 404 pages.

Is anyone familiar with how to use the IIRF Isapi Rewrite Filter to get permalinks working? Many thanks in advance.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

As far as I know this hasn’t been done, but is possible. If you can point to some documentation on the IIRF Isapi Rewrite Filter syntax maybe we can help you write it here.

johnhiler

@johnhiler

This user hacked permalinks to rewrite in a new way… his/her rewrite rules were written for the Isapi Rewrite filter, so maybe that would start you off in the right direction?

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/nicer-slug-url-rewrite-plugin-done

Good luck!

flint6

@flint6

Thanks. Here is documentation on the IIRF:

http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/IirfHelp/frames.htm

flint6

@flint6

also my webhost says I don’t have access to the IIRF configuration file IsapiRewrite4.ini, so if I want to make changes to it I have to let them know what edits to make for me.

flint6

@flint6

Can anyone help, please?

johnhiler

@johnhiler

Wish I could help – I don’t know how IIRF ISAPI stuff work!

If you want to use bbPress and don’t know much about rewrites, your best best is probably to switch to an Apache server. Then everything should “just work”! (At least, that’s the hope.)

:-)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.