Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Page Links and Post Count Wrong

• I’m running bbPress 0.9.0.2.

I’ve noticed the page links are working incorrectly. We have 20 posts to a page, but bbPress is counting too many posts. For example, one thread only has 19 posts, but the thread link clearly says it has 21. When you click the link to page two, you get a blank page with just the topic title and the reply form.

http://www.cairoshell.com/forum

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Did you try a recount in the admin panel?

And is it just the link in the front page view (which is from a plugin, correct?), or the link from page one to page two of a topic?

I think recounting posts worked.

It’s links from the front page and links from one page to another. I’ll update this in a day or two to determine if the recount really did help.

Nope, didn’t work. Just hit one with incorrect post count and a second blank page.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Do you have a link to the page that’s a problem?

And is the link you’re clicking generated by a plugin or by the bbpress core?

http://www.cairoshell.com/forum/topic.php?id=888&page=2

I’m using a page link plugin for the main page, but the links inside the thread are bbPress.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

On that page you sent, I can navigate forward and backward with the page number 1 or 2 and the next and previous links. So what is supposed to be broken? Looks like there are supposed to be 22 posts in that topic and I see 20 on the first page and 2 on the second page.

There was another topic that had 21 posts and it had two pages, 20 on the first page and 1 on the second.

I am focusing on the bbPress generated links at this point.

Maybe it’s different when you’re logged in? I was not. Also, FF3.

I’m using FF3 and am logged in. That’s really weird….

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What do you see when you’re logged out? Is it different than what you see when you’re logged in? Maybe it has something to do with replies that have been deleted, maybe they show up in a post count when you’re not expecting them to?

For some reason, one of our forum members was showing up as Ignored under my profile. I un-ignored him and all is well.

Boy is my face red!

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Glad you resolved the issue.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar