Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

My Needs (Input Needed!!!)

• Craig

@mckrazie

ATTN: This post appears on both WordPress.org as well as bbPress.org forums so I can get the best response possible!

Alright, well some of you out there have been kind enough to help me via the forums or within the mIRC channel while we waiting on status of the new bbPress. First of all, thank you so much for all the help! After much research, I think I know what I need to do…

I laid out what I want my actual users to be able to do! A very basic overview would be this:

Primarily WordPress Accounts: Posting ability on the “main site” (AKA WordPress install), posting ability on the forums of the site, ability to post comments to WordPress posts and a robust profile.

Primarily bbPress Accounts: Posting ability within the forums, ability to post comments to WordPress posts and a robust profile.

What these two types of accounts need to share is a unified Registration page, unified login/password recovery/login form.

I think I know how to go about this… basically I want my header.php to be the same throughout the website AND forums. That way it is the same login form, same link to register, same password recovery. And to change the register form I just need to use the WordPress one and just have the WordPress Intergration plugin, display name plugin and name with spaces plguin for bbPress … I believe.

I’m still kinda new to all this so I could use any input possible.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long read!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Craig

@mckrazie

Nearly 24 hours and no responces? …

Did I piss someone off that I’m not aware off?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Maybe all the cool kids are at SXSW?

I would offer to help but I know zero about integration at the level you’re looking for. I think it’s probably been covered here in the forums, but I don’t have any first hand experience you I hesitate to point you to any posts.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar