Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Login Errors

• Hello, installed the recent 0.72 version and having some issues. Trying to use it integrated with WordPress install. BBPress doesnt seem to recognize any wordpress users that have a space in their name. I have some wordpress users with spaces in their names (which function just fine in wordpress) and they are unable to log into bbpress. Users without spaces in their names log in just fine.

A couple of other issues which I havent dug into yet:

– If I try to activate the option for loading wp every time, I always get this error: “Fatal error: Call to undefined function: __() in /home2/klasenus/public_html/forums/bb-includes/capabilities.php on line 27” Works fine without it. Not sure if I really need it, but want to have full integration of bbpress into wp

– With mod_rewrite set to true, if I try to navigate within bbpress I get redirected to my wp 404 page as the bbpress page cannot be found. About the only link that works in bbpress is the new topic link

Any help would be appreciated… I will keep chugging…

Mr Papa

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • klasen,

Users with spaces:

You way be able to get away with creating a plugin that overrides bb_check_login and bb_set_current_user with your own functions of the same name. If not, you’ll probablp have to edit the user_sanitize function. That function should probably be made pluggable.

I’ll try to get more details about this soon.

Fatal Error:

I assume you are talking about defining the constant WP_BB. All this does is tell bbPress not to load certain functions. It does not include the wp-config file for you (haw would it know where to look?). You need to do that yourself. I’d suggest require_once('../wp-config.php'); (or where ever it is) in bbPress’ config.php file.

mod_rewrite:

bbPress can generate a sample .htaccess file for you if you log in and browse to bb-admin/rewrite-rules.php. Copy the output and save it into your .htaccess file. Alternatively, you might be able to forgo the rewrite rules and instead set Options +MultiViews

Thanks for the feedback… as luck would have it, heading on the road this morning, so it will be a week before I can get back to this…

Mr Papa

darksinhell
    Participant

@darksinhell

i had same issue but i solved, thanks. Eskişehir haber
    Halı modelleri

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar