Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Locked out of mysite after doing WP Integration

• Rick Lewis

@rickdlewis

Hey guys. I am having a heck of a time with getting BBpress setup and integrated with WP.

This is a MU install and both share the same database. I did pull the data into BBpress from phpbb and prior to doing the final step of WP integration things all work great. Forums , posts , topics, users all work.

I hit the wp integration using wp_ and now I am told I am not a user on the site. Can’t recover my password or anything. Can’t log in using the keymaster account I setup on install or any other account.

All the users are there in the database just fine but no one can log in. It’s like they are all invisible.

I want WP to be my main log in system not bbpress so I assumed integrating was the key to making that happen. I need the users from bbpress to be on the WP side as users and be able to log in and use both properly.

One more thing I guess to throw into the mix is, I do also use buddypress.

Looking for any help and advice.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@rickdlewis – You’ve got a lot going on there. Between potential problems with your phpBB migration, porting your phpBB users into the WP user tables, problems with WP integration and user roles/capabilities, and problems with BuddyPress trying to take ownership of your bbPress installation, there are a ton of places where fallout can occur.

First things first, do you have direct access to your database, either through phpMyAdmin, or another SQL interface of some kind?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@rickdlewis – You’ve got a lot going on there. Between potential problems with your phpBB migration, porting your phpBB users into the WP user tables, problems with WP integration and user roles/capabilities, and problems with BuddyPress trying to take ownership of your bbPress installation, there are a ton of places where fallout can occur.

First things first, do you have direct access to your database, either through phpMyAdmin, or another SQL interface of some kind?

Rick Lewis

@rickdlewis

@JohnJamesJacoby – without a doubt there is surely trouble a stirring with all that. I guess I was hoping for a miracle.

Yes I have access to the database.

Rick Lewis

@rickdlewis

@JohnJamesJacoby – without a doubt there is surely trouble a stirring with all that. I guess I was hoping for a miracle.

Yes I have access to the database.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@Rick Lewis – Can you confirm through your DB, in your wp_users table, that your account with a user_id of 1 is either ‘admin’ or whatever you may have named it?

Then, can you confirm in your wp_usermeta table, that you have something for user_id = 1, meta_key = wp_capabilities. When you do, respond back here with what that is; it should be serialized data.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@Rick Lewis – Can you confirm through your DB, in your wp_users table, that your account with a user_id of 1 is either ‘admin’ or whatever you may have named it?

Then, can you confirm in your wp_usermeta table, that you have something for user_id = 1, meta_key = wp_capabilities. When you do, respond back here with what that is; it should be serialized data.

Rick Lewis

@rickdlewis

@JohnJamesJacoby – wp_users table has an account with user id 1 and my correct username.

wp_usermeta has user id 1 with capabilities of administrator.

Not sure what other info you need as you lost me with this serialized data thing.

I do appreciate your help with this.

Thank you.

Rick Lewis

@rickdlewis

@JohnJamesJacoby – wp_users table has an account with user id 1 and my correct username.

wp_usermeta has user id 1 with capabilities of administrator.

Not sure what other info you need as you lost me with this serialized data thing.

I do appreciate your help with this.

Thank you.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar