Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

List of Hooks/Actions?

• I’m already familiar with writing plugins for WordPress but now I’m interested in writing a few plugins for bbPress. I’m trying to find a list of hooks/actions so I can get a better feel for what I have control over without altering the core files. Does such a thing exist? If not which php files should I be going through to find hooks/actions or are they all in different files?

Cheers

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Ben L.

@nightgunner5

Most of the filters are in defaults.bb-filters.php or default-filters.php before 1.0.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This weeknd I plan on loading bbPress into some kind of IDE (probably eclipse) so I’m able to check this type of thing out a little further. I’ll update here if I can get them.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

http://bbpulp.org was a start at documenting this (and more) from before I started at Automattic

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

There’s no official documentation or codex yet.

A few people have done phpxref for bbpress but I find that kind of output fairly useless.

If you have access to linux shell you can do a grep to get a function list in the template include like so (or install the grep for windows)

grep -oe ^function.*) bb-includes/template-functions.php | sort > functions.txt

modifying that you can also get the filters/actions

grep -oe apply_.*) bb-includes/template-functions.php | sort > filters.txt

grep -oe do_.*) bb-includes/template-functions.php | sort > actions.txt

If you use the grep for windows, leave out the escapes (backslashes) or it won’t work.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. It took a bit of playing around with grep for Windows but I managed to compile a relatively complete list of filters and actions. Thanks for that.

Using this method it should be pretty easy to generate a complete list with arguments for the codex, why doesn’t someone who has access to bbpress.org add one? It wouldn’t include descriptions but it’d be a good starting point.

mbileppress

@mbileppress

I also want to try to create my own bbpress plugin =)

farinspace
    Participant

@farinspace

I wrote a little something in php to get a list of the current actions/filters in bbPress 2.0.1, should help out someone …

https://gist.github.com/1372637 (script + output)

rich

@etivite

i have an auto-generated (iffy wordpress search-able) list online as well

http://etivite.com/api-hooks/#bbpress

which is similar to the code posted above – forgot about array hooks so when bbPress 2.1 hits – it will be updated.

@etivite, How did you auto generate that?

rich

@etivite

just a file parser looking for all the hooks/filters then some reverse calls to bring up source code references – then data is pushed into custom post types w/various taxonomies. (needs some work still but waiting until next round of bp/bbp/wp updates)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar