Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

links and code get converted in posts

• I write tutorials on my forum and when I write links they are converted into actual links I really don’t want it do do that instrad I want it to loave the link as it has been wrote like link also when I edit a post it converts all < into < and > into > how do I stop this from happening?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I see it does the same on this forum as well

this is what I should have been show:

I write tutorials on my forum and when I write links they are converted into actual links I really don’t want it do do that instrad I want it to loave the link as it has been wrote like < a herf=”file” >link< /a > also when I edit a post it converts all < into &lt ; and > into &gt ; how do I stop this from happening?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Put the items you don’t want converted in backticks(under the ESC key on US keyboards) or <c ode> tags.

Like this:

<a href="http://www.google.com/" title="visit google">Google</a>

That was posted inside backticks.

oh yes excellent thanks very much!

I have the bbcode plugin but using [ code] some code and [/ code] does not appear to do anything?

I edited BBcode-buttons.php in bbcode buttons plugin

I changed the line:

BBcodeButton('ed_code','CODE','

Code:
    ','

','p','line-height:160%;font-size:80%;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:anadale,serif;','unformatted / code'));

to:

BBcodeButton('ed_code','CODE','‘,’','p','line-height:160%;font-size:80%;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:anadale,serif;','unformatted / code'));

Now when the code button is pressed it puts in the backticks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar