Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration Tips? (ie. I don’t think its working for me!)

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• fel64

@fel64

You will have to make changes to some core files to make this work properly, as they are in different subdomains.

Find your bbPress config.php file and add these lines:

//try to sync cookies
    $bb->cookiedomain = '.mpm.org.au';
    $bb->cookiepath = '/';

Now go to your wordpress folder, open wp-settings.php.

#line 190

FROM

define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', false);

TO

define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.mpm.org.au');

Make sure that you make note of this change to wp-settings.php. Every time you upgrade wordpress this change will be overriden and you will have to make this change again.

Trent Adams

@trent

Actually, if you put the define(‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ‘.mpm.org.au’); in your wp-config.php it should work as well. I think that is the proper syntax, but you can define cookiepath in your WP config as well without having to make core changes. Maybe search for define cookie domain over at the forums at https://wordpress.org/support/

Trent

fel64

@fel64

It does, cheers Trent.

maker

@maker

thanks guys – I don’t have to reinstall either bbpress or wordpress?

maker

@maker

I added

//try to sync cookies

$bb->cookiedomain = ‘.mpm.org.au’;

$bb->cookiepath = ‘/’;

to bbPress config.php (in root)

I added

define(‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ‘.mpm.org.au’);

to wp-config.php (in /300/)

but now I can’t log out of bbpress?

fel64

@fel64

As long as you integrated from the start, no? Are you using the same database for WP and bb? In your config.php, did you add details for these settings:

bb->wp_table_prefix
    bb->wp_home
    bb->wp_siteurl

Another way to tell is, did it use your WordPress name for your admin account when you installed?

fel64

@fel64

but now I can’t log out of bbpress?

This is because when you click “log out”, it clears the NEW version of the cookies, but when checking if you’re logged in it checks both the new and the old version. The old version is never cleared.

To do that, you have to clear your cookies. In FF, pressing Ctrl + Shift + Del gives you access to clear them, in IE you have to go to Tools > Options or something.

But this probably means it’s working!

maker

@maker

Clearing the cookies worked wonders all round.

Thanks!

However, if I log out of the WP should I also be getting logged out of BB? (and vice versa) – I am not currently.

fel64

@fel64

Yes, you should be. If you’ve cleared the old cookies for bb and WP, then logging out should work just as well as logging in? Hmm.

Trent Adams

@trent

I registered over at your forums to test this out. I registered and then logged into bbPress. I then went over to your blog and tried the /wp-admin/ link to find out if I was registered. It gave me the login page where I added my information and then was redirected to:

http://mpm.org.au/wp-admin/

That URL doesn’t exist. Is there something in your WP install that has the URL of the site as the first URL? That might be causing the problems.

As well, do you have the integration plugin that pulls the registrations from bbPress across to WordPress? That way all users are in the wp_users and not the bb_users table.

Trent

Trent Adams

@trent

I see you fixed this! I was logged in both places now! Could you confirm that it is working for everyone else on your site Michael?

Trent

maker

@maker

Still not working for me.

In one of my many reinstallations I forgot to put the wordpress integration file back in my-plugins.

Still no go however.

I do have the bbpress plugin activated in my wordpress already.

Also, yes, integrated from start.

Trent Adams

@trent

It works for me on your install:

http://www.mpm.org.au/

http://300.mpm.org.au/wp-admin/

Trent

maker

@maker

so when you are logged in on BBPress you are automatically logged in on the WP – and vice versa?

Trent Adams

@trent

Yeah, that is really strange, but yes! Do you have the WordPress integration plugin and the bbPress integration plugin installed? Does clearing your cookies and trying on a different browser work for you?

Trent

maker

@maker

yep, I have both plugins installed and activated.

on a different computer with a different login, I log into WP but when I got to BB I am not logged in.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar