Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

hitting browser back button to return to foam root gets 404 error

• jimmycrow
    Participant

@jimmycrow

When I go from the forum root page into any of the forums I have it works great but if you hit the browsers back button I get a 404 error (The page you are trying to reach does not exist, or has been moved. Please use the menus or the search box to find what you are looking for.) The weird thing is that if I just re-fresh the 404 page the Forum returns. I’m getting the correct assures for the forum root page in my browser it just says 404 until I refresh it.

i have tried updating permalinks several time now but doesn’t seem to work.

here is the forum if you would care to see what happens…

http://nacbrewclub.com/nac-brew-club-forum/

any help is appreciated 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I am pretty sure it is a theme issue your having in that it is not playing nice with bbPress for some reason.

You could try adding a template wrapper for bbPress.

Make a copy of your page.php or page-sidebar.php theme template file and rename it to bbpress.php in the root folder of your theme.

Have you looked to see if there are any resources on your themes support site for using bbPress?

jimmycrow
    Participant

@jimmycrow

I gave that a try but still no luck. I’m using Canvas with a child theme from Jamie at Pootlepress. I’ll write him and see if he has any ideas.

I didn’t mention before but the Forum is a members only section of the website that is protected by Groups plugin that restricts it from non premium or platinum members. Could that be affecting it

Thanks

Sounds like a plan, see if you can find any info as mentioned.

The ‘Groups’ plugin could be an issue also, try disabling it and see what does/does not happen.

jimmycrow
    Participant

@jimmycrow

I tried to see if the problem was still happening on a few other computers after adding the bbpress.php pager as you suggested and it worked!

I went back to my computer, removed all the cookies and cache again and it was still happening so I quit the program, re-started the computer again and now… it works!

Thanks for your help. I’m pretty sure it was your solution that fixed it 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar