Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help with "facebook-style" page preview for my blog?

• blessedtoes
    Participant

@blessedtoes

Hi friends-

I’ve been using iframes to embed pages on my blog from time to time and not only do I not love the look, but I’ve recently noticed some conversations about some sites having objections to this application.

Does anyone know if there’s code I can use on my WP blog that looks like the FB page links, where it shows a relevant image from the page and the article headline?

Just to be clear, this is for use on my WP bbPress blog, using an OptimizePress theme – not for a Facebook page… I asked on another forum and had no luck.

Thanks in advance – grateful for your wisdom and experience!

Matthew

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, but is this within a forum, or just a blog?

blessedtoes
    Participant

@blessedtoes

Hi (again!) Robin-

Thanks for the reply and for asking.

It is for a blog. I’ve been using iFrames so I get the ad at the top and a goofy window people have to drag around (though I thought it cool), then I came to find out many object.

I’d like to just have code to cap the title and a relevant image, just like posting a URL to FB.

Thanks again,
    Matthew

Robin W

@robin-w

“I asked on another forum and had no luck.”

If this wasn’t

Support Forums

then post it there, you’ll more likely get someone who knows

blessedtoes
    Participant

@blessedtoes

It was there. I got one response which seemed – I’m not a coder, so I might have misunderstood – but seemed like my question was misunderstood, a redirect to a FB app developer page.

It occurred to me to re-post over there but I don’t want to abuse the forum so decided to try here first. Thanks, Robin (and all).

Robin W

@robin-w

No problem, not an area I’m any good at, but maybe someone else reading may have the knowledge !

Hope you get fixed !

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar