Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Function integration problem

• “bbPress will not have access to WordPress’ functions unless you manually tell bbPress to load WordPress first. In order to do that, you need to put require_once(‘path/to/wp-blog-header.php’); in bbPress’ config.php (wp-blog-header is in the same directory as WordPress’ wp-config.php file).”

Just uploaded bbpress and tried doing this on http://www.ceciliabjerling.com/wordpress/forum/

You can see the error message there and perhaps tell me what I’m doing wrong.

I changed

require_once( BBPATH . ‘bb-settings.php’ );

to the path where my wp-blog-header.php is

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I think that you need need to require bb-settings.php, too. However, that doesn’t explain your error messages. The //../ part is odd. What if you try an absolute path? E.g.

require_once( '/home/ceciliabjerling.com/www/wordpress/wp-blog-header.php' );

You certainly need an absolute path like GTim said. Now your forum seems to work, how’d you get it to be so?

I should also say that in my config.php I have the path to wordpress’ wp-config.php, nothing else.

I put an absolute path and it worked! I haven’t really gotten into the integration part yet, but are you saying I should put wp-config.php in require_once? Just trying to follow the documentation over here and it’s a bit difficult to understand.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar