Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums not visible to logged in users

• Golly72
    Participant

@golly72

Hi

I can’t seem to get my forums working. I’ve downloaded a modified twenty eleven theme that is already set up for BBPress, and have downloaded and activated the BBPress plugin. I’ve created the forums page and create a forum, which appears to all users when not logged in, but as soon as they log in and click on the forums page, they get the “Well this is embarrassing…” message. What am I doing wrong?

The website is here

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Golly72
    Participant

@golly72

I have now tried switching to the Twenty Ten theme with the bbPress child theme, but I get the same result – the forums just disappear when any user other than the admin logs in. Can anyone help – it’s driving me nuts!

singitlow
    Participant

@singitlow

Hi, I encounter the very same problem with my 3.5 installation. When logged in, the forum is not found anymore.
    I already tried to “Remap existing users to default forum roles”, since it works when the role of a user is set to Keymaster, but that brought no solution. I also checked different browser. The same problem.
    Well, I´d be happy for a hint. Thank you in advance,
    singitlow

Golly72
    Participant

@golly72

Hi Singitlow,

Do you know if it’s a problem with version 3.5? Did your forums work on an older version? I’ve only just set up my forums.

Thanks.

singitlow
    Participant

@singitlow

Hi Golly,
    I´ve found a solution:
    After installing “Members” I was able to set the detailed rights for every role, which you can assign to new members.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/members/

Now it works. I hope for you, too.
    Greetings singitlow

Golly72
    Participant

@golly72

Singitlow – You’re a genius!!! Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.