Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Management (missing forums here from list)

• dragosbogdan

@dragosbogdan

not sure what is going on here, but i am also a bit of a newbie with bbpress.

i created 9 main forums and when i went into the admin section > content > forums i only had 5 listed. i messed around with the “position” number, and now i have three. i have 2 questions:

1) what does the position field actually do

2) how can i get to see all of my forums

for the record, i am the only admin user and the rest of the users are members only. therefore i assume (always a good idea) that i am the only one who could make any edits.

also for the record, i now realize that i didn’t have to change the “position” number to change the order of my forums!

thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I vaguely remember this as a bug and thought it had been solved in 0.9

When you go into some of the forums do you see any sub-forums?

If you have a topic in one of the forums, at the bottom it will give you a potential list of forums for you to move the topic to. Do the other forums that disappeared show up in that list?

dragosbogdan

@dragosbogdan

ohh, i notice that i’m using 0.8.3.1, so maybe upgrading will solve it. right now i’m using it for an online class that i’m teaching, so that makes me a little nervous mid-quarter!

for the record, no i don’t have any sub-forums, just a few main forums. different ones appear at different times, but it is never all of them at once.

do you know what the position function does?

dragosbogdan

@dragosbogdan

thanks _ck_. i waited until the weekend for to backup and upgrade and all went smooth.

i now see all of the forums i created.

thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar