Categories
Search
Bottom

Fancy editor doesn't show

• julienborne
    Participant

@julienborne

Hi,

I am running a BBpress powered forum since a few weeks and I have a problem with the fancy editor bar.

I can’t get it to appear on my forum pages.
    As I saw in other post here, I tried with the official BBpress theme and it shows, so I’m guessing my Custom community based theme is causing the problem.

Do you have any advise to solve this ? somewhere I show look ?

Here is on of my forum pages : http://912club.fr/912club-forum/forums/general/
    my theme : Custom community (customized)
    BBpress version : 2.3.2

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

The fancy editor is disabled by default. You have two choices:

Enable Visual Editor

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-enable-tinymce-visual-tab/

It’s for good reason that it’s disabled though. It considerably slows down mobile devices and is just all around far more unpredictable than the plain editor in terms of how users might mess up with it.

julienborne
    Participant

@julienborne

Thanks for your answer, I did add the code snippet in the theme’s functions.php file but nothing shows… 🙁

In BBpress forum settings, a crossed the wordpress fancy editor’s box as well as the Auto-embed links and the Fancy editor full ones.

My problem mainly is that there is NO editor at all.. I would be happy even to have a non-fancy one ^^

julienborne
    Participant

@julienborne

Still no one to give me a advise ?

;'(

I guess i’ll will have to try another solution than bbpress

Sven
    Participant

@igoras

Hi,

I have the same problem. When I click on the Visual Tab, following error will shown:

TypeError: d is undefined …/wp-includes/js/quicktags.min.js?ver=3.6 Line 1

I’m using Wodpress 3.6 and the latest bbPress. What can I do?

Sven
    Participant

@igoras

Update: When I switch the editor in the WordPress backend, it will shown in the bbPress frontend, too. But when I switch from visual to text and back, then again the above error is shown and I have to switch back in the backend.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar