Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Facebook Connect – Stopped Working

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• @ChrisClayton
    Participant

@chrisclayton

Havent tested the plugin, but most of the standalone bbpress plugins are not being actively updated any more.

Is upgrading to bbpress 2.0 out of the question? Their is alot of facebook connect plugins that will work.

The ‘simple facebook connect’ plugin over at the wordpress extend was updated last month… but, it wont work on the stand-alone version of bbpress.

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-facebook-connect/

if using bbpress 2.0 is not an option, i’ll have a look at the plugin tonight and see if anything can be fixed.

EDIT: The plugin not doing anything seems to be a facebook issue, alot of people seem to have the same issue.

SmallWorldExp

@smallworldexp

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I attempted to upgrade to 2.0 on a WP site. Those plugins were giving me plenty of trouble too. Additionally, I prefer the look/feel of the bbPress I’m using.

I noticed that the error provided said ‘perms’ had been changed to ‘scope’. So, in the connect.php plugin file, I made these changes. Since uploading the new file, I now see the FB Connect pop-up and it asks me to ‘allow’ access to my profile info. After allowing access, the pop-up disappears and another error is shown on the page – Permission Denied – all.js. Code:0 http://connect.facebook.com/en_US/all.js – Line: 22 Char:4321

While I’m a bit closer, I’m sure I’m still pretty far off from finding this on my own. Any help would be appreciated :o)

Thanks,

Chris

Most probably Facebook changes have broken the code of this plugin. Unless someone fixes that, there might not be a chance of getting it to work.

SmallWorldExp

@smallworldexp

I have written to moogie on Facebook. Hopefully he will have some time to review this thread. Stay tuned…and keep your fingers crossed ;-)

Steve
    Participant

@steveatty

I’ve got it working – I messaged him but then went in and dug round the code and its now working with the new V3 PHP API from FB.

Not sure what to do, but I’m happy to zip it up and post a link to it.

Steve

SmallWorldExp

@smallworldexp

Hi Steve,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could post a link to the code here.

Thanks,

Chris

Steve
    Participant

@steveatty

SmallWorldExp

@smallworldexp

Hi Steve,

I just tested it on one of my sites and it works perfectly. Thank you so much for your help!

Best wishes,

Chris

Nice and thank you for all because already solution available here and really help full thread

Best wishes for all…

(Nice and thank you for all because already solution available here and really help full thread

Best wishes for all…)

any comment ?

http://www.chicagorealestatedream.com/finding-good-chicago-condominiums-for-sale/ condominium in chicago

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar